Goal #21 of my thirty-five goals for this year, (because this year I turn 35 years old) is to "Eat Less Sugar". I know the best goals are super specific and most of mine are. However, for this one I wasn't willing to commit to a specific number of granules, pieces, ounces, or calories. The good news is that I am eating less sugar. The official (in my own eyes and by my own definition) "Candy Season" is over. The season goes from October - April and includes Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day, and ends with (the freshest candy for some reason) Easter. The bad news is that last week I discovered these yummiest cookies ever (or at least my current favorite), Mint Oreo Fudge Cremes. A crispy chocolate cookie topped with unmistakable oreo mint creme, covered in fudge...oh my! But, the only draw back is the first ingredient is sugar and in 3 cookies (what they suggest as a serving, I'm not sure for who because these are so yummy that 3 will not do!) there are 19 grams of sugar. So, long story short...if you have not tried these AND are eating less sugar, just don't buy them. Really it's the easiest way. If you see them in the store, run the other way, preferably towards the carrots and hummus. Once they enter your pantry it's so much harder!
Last Saturday Tyler was out working in the garden and as you can see from this note, I did not run the other way. This is the box that the Easter Bunny brought him SIX days before. I don't ever carry cash, but like the saying goes, "burning a hole in my pocket" these just sitting there were killing me! I had to try them!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love this. I saw these at the store and knew immediately I should never taste them. I'm hoping I can keep resisting after reading your review! :)
ReplyDeleteOne can of orange soda (my favorite) is like eating 17 Chips Ahoy cookies. How's that for sugar! I still enjoy a can without guilt because it's just hits the spot. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAshley
candy deal is the only way to go!!!
ReplyDeleteJust make sure we get some.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed with your goal. Good luck avoiding those cookies. They are probably the closest Nabisco will come to JoJo's. Yummy!
ReplyDelete