Written by Andrew
This week I went to Sly Park and had a blast. It is a week long science camp that our school participates in every year, about an hour up into the mountains from home.
| With my friends, Marcus and Richie that I rode up with. |
On the first day we arrived at about 9:30 in the morning, played some basketball, and listened to all the rules and expectation stuff. Then we got in our cabin and unloaded our stuff and got ready for lunch. Lunch was OK. We had corn dogs and I normally don't like corn dogs so this was new for me.
We than did our afternoon activities and a nice hike around a place called children's forest and I had a bunch of fun because my friend, Marcus and I got to teach about a place that you usually don't see than we went to see Tim the turtle. He was pretty cool. After that we went to a wild life spot and got to hold a snake. I had some donut remains in my pocket from our driver Mrs.Watts and the snake kept on going in my pocket! I had a huge laugh out of it afterwords.
In the wild life place there was a pelican, owl,cougar etc. It was really cool.
We also got to do a rock climbing wall, I love that!
And the day after that was our last day we went back to children's forest and layed down and just listened to all the sounds and looked at the trees. It was the most peaceful part of the entire trip. That was our last thing so we said goodbye and hit the road.
Altogether it was a fantastic trip and would go again in a heartbeat

No comments:
Post a Comment