Sunday, October 27, 2013

Tyler and Andrew fly to a BYU game (written by Andrew)



I woke up that morning thinking everything was completely normal. I was going to school, play football with my friends, and have dinner once I got home from school. Boy, was I wrong! Right after math there was a call. Thinking it was for one of my classmates I went back to my work. Then Mrs. Sotka said,” Andrew go to the office and make sure to bring your football.” All the sudden questions seemed to throw themselves at me! Where was I going? Was I in trouble? What was going on?! I had the same answer for every question. I don’t know!!

I was on my way to the office when I saw my dad’s car. I thought he would be in there so I went right to the car. Nobody was in there. Then I saw my dad walking right to me. He told me to get in the car and he would tell me what was going on. He put my mom on face time and he told me…………

WE WERE GOING TO THE BYU FOOTBALL GAME!!!
I was SO excited that I screamed! 
We were flying out of Oakland so we had a long drive before my FIRST (that I can remember) airplane ride.  I was pretty excited! It was really cool.  I especially enjoyed how the farm land looked like one gigantic puzzle.
 When we landed we were walking out of the airport I thought I saw someone who looked familiar, it was my uncle Brandon.  He pulled his hat down to try to hide, but I walked right up to him and gave him a big hug.  While we were talking I heard a voice behind me say, "Hi Andrew".  I turned around and it was my AWESOME cousin, Josh.  I was really excited to see him.  We were all there for a "boys weekend" with our Grandpa Kerry, who picked us up from the airport.
Our first stop was to the BYU Bookstore and to get a BYU brownie.
We saw my Uncle David who was headed to class.
I got a new BYU football.
We hung out on campus for a few hours and then headed over to the stadium,
which is AMAZINGLY huge!

 It was fun because we also got to see my Mom's side of the family!

 The game was awesome!  My favorite part was when all the players came out and everyone got so pumped up!  Also, every time the cougars scored the cannon would fire and everyone would sing the fight song!  I loved cheering for my favorite players, Cody Hoffman and Kyle Van Noy.
It was fun to hang out at my Grandma Bonnie's house. 
We played on the Wii and outside we had a football game. 
We went to lunch and rock wall climbing too.
 It was really fun, even the employee was impressed with my climbing.
 
It was a great weekend that I will never forget.
The day my dad surprised me was one of the best days of my life!
I hope we can go again soon.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day Andrew. I loved your story. Thanks for sharing it! It was so fun to hear what's going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails