One of my favorite weekends of the year is when I get to spend some time with a few girlfriends away from normal life. We stay up late talking, sleep in, read, watch movies, eat snacks, cook yummy meals, do projects, share make-up tips, exchange recipes, laugh, cry, listen to music and podcasts, share parenting ideas, etc. etc.
This year since my in-laws were in town I didn't go back home between our family time and my girlfriend's weekend. I spent a glorious few hours by myself. I read a great book, sat by the fire, and ate Milk Duds. It was quiet. It was needed.
Amanda and Carolyn came up and the fun began! The next morning we went to eat at "The Log Cabin". It was delicious and for sure a new tradition!
Of course, we ate yummy meals (for some reason I don't have any photos of those).
There was sewing, painting, card making and digital scrapbooking.
It was productive and enjoyable!
We always go out to dinner and we tried a new place this year,
it had a beautiful view of the lake and good food.
We had a great weekend together!
I am so grateful for wonderful women and examples in my life.







No comments:
Post a Comment