Saturday, October 12, 2013

The BIG 13!

We blinked and this beautiful girl has turned 13!!!!
The morning of Aubrey's birthday we opened just one gift. 
  The special book I (couldn't wait until that night) had been working on which
would solve (all the world's problems) any teenage issues or questions.
She cried.  (I didn't take pictures of the teary face though)
I know I shouldn't be too surprised because we are so much alike, but I was.
She loved it!
All she asked for from us for her birthday was an additional shelf in her closet.
 Tyler switched his work schedule around that day and hung it while she was at school.
(He's awesome like that)!
  She was so surprised and appreciative.
 That night Grandpa Kerry and Grandma Bonnie drove into town,
 it's always nice to have family here to celebrate with us!
Aubrey had a small party as well with friends.
They loved the rock wall climbing!
And came back to our house for homemade pizzas, gifts, a movie and ice cream cake!
We are so grateful she's got such great girls in her life!
We feel so grateful to have Aubrey in our family!
We love the happy, helpful, good example, funny, beautiful, girl that she is!!
 Matthew had been saving this eraser for her from his school classroom "prize box". That's love right there!
It was a year of books for Aubrey.  In addition to the advice book we also got her these.
I love Dale Carnegie, Sean Covey AND the book by John Bytheway is awesome too!
(We've been using that in our "life skills" section of family home evening...good stuff!)
Hmmm...wonder if Mom feels like we are embarking on a new chapter in life!


1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a favorite birthday girl. So glad we were there to celebrate with you. We loved meeting your friends and just being with you. Keep up the good work of being a good example to friends and family. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails