Besides the swim meet we had scheduled, Katelyn and Megan got to choose their birthday's activities.
We were all up very early to leave for the meet that was 30 minutes away
and has a 7:00 a.m. check in time.
The girls were thrilled to see their large pile of gifts
and took a few minutes just to open a few, leaving some for later.
We had a great time at our swim meet together. We camp out on the grass nearby and enjoy cheering each other on, a picnic lunch, a few of the kid's getting personal bests.
Aubrey asked the meet announcer if she could give her sisters a birthday shout out. I wish I would have gotten it on video, it was darling. She said she wanted to wish her twin sisters a Happy Birthday and tell them how much she loves them!
These two are loved by all who know them.
After our meet we stopped for ice cream and headed to Sac State Aquatic Center at Lake Natomas.
This is one of our very favorite local spots to play.
It was a hot day so we were all glad to get in the water and cool down.
We rented paddle boards (our favorite) and also tandem kayaks. I didn't have my nice camera on the water with me, but a stranger took this and texted it to me.
We went across the lake to one of our favorite, hidden areas. It was so great!
Afterwards, we went out for Italian food to dinner at Buca di Beppo. And, although the photos are only camera pics, they LOVED getting sung to and trying to blow out these huge candles!
Finally, we went home to open gifts and have dessert, they choose strawberry cheesecake.
They were super excited (even kissing) their new Lego set.
Lego's finally got smart and made pink Legos, they have the cutest little details.
This is how you have to open gifts when you are a twin, especially if you want/like/ask for the same thing!!
Allowance starts at eight years old in our home, these cute banks will be coming in handy soon!!
New scriptures are a our traditional gift when you turn eight.
They each had picked out the color and style they wanted.
Megan chose the snap clasp and is super excited.
An autographed copy of a book where we met the author, here.
Love these kids so much and what sweet day birthdays are!
Katelyn and Megan loved all the phone calls, singing, and gifts from extended family.
They had one last visitor from our sweet neighbors, Bud and Donna. The girls were thrilled to be remembered with the balloons and flowers. What great people we have in our lives.
















I had a pink lego set that was a horse stable too when I was little. :) Glad Megan and Katelyn had such a nice birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to two of the sweetest girls ever. I am so grateful to have you in my life. I thank God daily for your special spirits. I am proud to call you Granddaughter! I love you both dearly.
ReplyDelete