Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Power of Moms

After a wonderful two days at Womens Conference I enjoyed a quiet drive by myself to the beautiful Park City.  Our Power of Moms board was getting together for our annual board meeting and I was so grateful to be there!  We enjoyed a yummy dinner and some good catching up.
The Eyre's have the coolest furniture!
It's fun because I email with these ladies, see their names, and read their articles, but it is always to fun to sit across the dinner table before "getting down to business".
This is Saren (a wonderful mother of five, our twins are the same ages), the co-founder and one of the power houses behind powerofmoms.com.  She is a fabulous presenter and articulates everything so well!
Here's the members that were able to make it (about half of the board members).
With some serious POWER!!
I got to chat with these two women who write some of my favorite (REAL, funny, down to earth)
 articles for the site.  A few of my favorites are here and here.
I stayed in the same room as these two ladies.  I said "stayed" because there wasn't much sleep!
We were laughing and crying until the wee hours of the morning.
  I loved it.  I am inspired by their strength and examples.  
I love working with these women and contributing in a small way to such an amazing, growing community of deliberate mothers!
I love getting to visit with April.  She's the"other-half" of powerofmoms.com and such a wonderful example.  Her approach to life is so real, so simple, so focused on what's really important.
April's post from our retreat and her fun blog (which even has a few pics of me) is here.
This retreat was also really fun because I had a few friends there.  My college roommate from my freshman year at Ricks, a blogging friend, and two girls from my ward here.  It was a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails