Really, who knew?
I knew about National Grandparents Day and National Chocolate Pudding Day.
I knew about National Grandparents Day and National Chocolate Pudding Day.
But I was really surprised to learn that in April alone there are days set aside,
EVEN nationally recognized,
for things such as Tell a Lie Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Draw a Picture of a Bird Day,
Sorry Charlie Day, and Carmel Popcorn Day.
In addition, I was sorely disappointed to learn that I somehow missed (didn't even know it existed),
National No Housework Day on April 7th.
Darn it...I've got to catch that one in the future for sure!
National No Housework Day on April 7th.
Darn it...I've got to catch that one in the future for sure!
But I did see a postings on Facebook and Instagram announcing that today is National Siblings Day
and I for sure wanted to take the opportunity to share in the purpose of this day to honor, appreciate, and celebrate our brothers and sisters.
Here is the most recent picture of my siblings and their spouses, taken in December 2012.
My sister, Kristin, Tyler, me, (new sister in law and bride in this picture) Jordan, David, Brian,
(sister in law) Alyssa, and brother Nathan.
How blessed I am to have an amazing sister and that my brothers have chosen fantastic women also!
(sister in law) Alyssa, and brother Nathan.
How blessed I am to have an amazing sister and that my brothers have chosen fantastic women also!
I am close with each of my siblings and I will tell you the two reasons why.
First of all, as adults we each work at it.
A simple text,
a phone call on birthdays and special days,
and a call for no reason at all.
A party when we are together
and yearning and tears when we are apart.
A party when we are together
and yearning and tears when we are apart.
And the other reason why we are close is because my parents stressed the importance of it my entire life.
My mom had a brother that she was very close to who died in his twenties.
She would often remind us of the how grateful she was that the last words she ever
spoke to him were, "I love you".
My dad used to often remind us of what his dad used to say to him.
My mom had a brother that she was very close to who died in his twenties.
She would often remind us of the how grateful she was that the last words she ever
spoke to him were, "I love you".
My dad used to often remind us of what his dad used to say to him.
"Friends will come and go, but your family will always be there for you".
As a teenager I used to roll my eyes and remind him that my besties were going to be there FOREVER.
And I have blessed with a few friends in life that have been there and I believe will be there.
But for the most part, I've learned that relationships change and evolve. Some friends come and go.
Today I remember and publicly LOVE, honor, and appreciate my siblings.
For their example, their visits, their support, their encouragement, their loving Tyler like a brother,
their interest in my life and my children's lives, and most importantly their friendship.
their interest in my life and my children's lives, and most importantly their friendship.
You guys are the best!!!!


Happy sibling day to you too!!!!!!! So fun! I love, appreciate all of my siblings as well! THANKS Rachelle for being such an extraordinary example for all of us to follow! Love you sooooo much! Love my brothers too! They are great examples as well and what great friends!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO LOVE!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, yes, next to mine, you just might have the best siblings! We feel so blessed to know your family. They are such great examples of unconditional love. I agree with your dad, "friends will come and go, but your siblings will always be there". Never miss an opportunity to tell them how much you love them. Love to all!
ReplyDelete