I have no idea how it is possible that SEVEN years have passed
since these two became part of our family, but it's true!
We had a great birthday and it was especially fun because Grandpa and Grandma
were here to celebrate with us.
Katelyn and Megan's special day started with homemade donuts. What could be better, right?
The long awaited movie, Brave opened and so that was a perfect way to spend some of our day.
The girls also had done a lot of google research in search of the perfect cake. They knew they wanted an oreo cake of some sort and as hard as I tried to talk them into doing some other more fancily decorated cake (since my mom was here and is super talented) they were pretty set on an oreo cake. Katelyn had googled "oreyo" cake and it had quite a few possibilities pop up. The next day when I tried to refind what they wanted, I was told that I was the one that had spelled it wrong. Needless to say, we found an oreo cake recipe, made from scratch complete with delicious oreo frosting that Grandma made look fantastic!
We sang Happy Birthday and this is my FAVORITE photo from the day. The two of them smiled, giggled, and sang to each other the entire song. I love what good friends they are.
Actually, there was a lot of smiling and giggling!
And a lot of presents from siblings, grandparents, and aunts and uncles.
We had a great family day together.
A few days later we had their "friend party".
A rainbow themed party was so much fun to plan with Pinterest as a great resource.
We began by painting water colors and punching out butterflies. Then they used pop-dots and put them on painted canvases. They really turned out cute!
We had rainbow cupcakes that the twins largely made themselves.
The girls opened their gifts and boy were they excited by so many of them.
Crafts and perler beads are always popular with these two!
The girls spent the rest of the time squealing on the slip and slide.
Oh these girls love their sweet friends.
We made "kool" party favors with these water bottles and Kool-Aid singles.
We love these sweet twins and are so grateful they are part of our lives!!





















I'm drooling over the Oreyo cake. Perfect choice girls!!!
ReplyDelete