Sunday, June 24, 2012

One of My Favorite Things

We've had a whole lot of piano performing going on this month.  
The last week of school Aubrey performed in her school talent show, singing and playing
 "These are a few of my Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music.  She did a great job!!

The next week she had her annual recital.  We ran from our swim meet (luckily a home meet) with wet hair to the recital.  She was one of just a few students who performed two songs. 
This is her teacher, Brent Carlson, that we LOVE!
He is so patient and yet does just the right amount of pushing her.  He is awesome!
And finally, she performed AGAIN at the Placer County Fair Community Stage.
The woman in charge had seen her in the school talent show and called afterwards to ask her to play and sing at the fair. Running again from a swim meet with wet braids, she did awesome!
I love that she is getting many opportunities to perform and share her love of music!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Aubrey! I'm so proud of you. Oh, what I would give to have had a teacher like Brent and to be able to just sit down and play anything that came ot my mind. You are so fortunaate to have him as a teacher. I can't wait to hear you recital piece. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so impressed with your talent. I understand the dedication and time it takes to play well. We are proud of your efforts and sacrifice to have a meaningful talent.You will be such a good resource for many in your future. Keep up the good work!!!! We love to hear you play.You did such a good job at the fair. I loved your attitude to adapt to a new keyboard,time change,and a rock band distraction. You jumped right in and added two numbers that you had memorized. You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails