Monday, May 14, 2012

Happiness from this week

This week my heart was full. On Sunday, I was in the process of reevaluating.  I was going through my to-do lists and prioritizing.  I was using the template of essential, necessary, and nice-to do from Julie Beck.  As I was sitting in church praying for guidance and strength, I was approached at church to see if I would be willing to teach all the women in my ward for our special Mother's Day Relief Society third hour.  As tradition has it on Mother's Day in our ward (congregation), the men help out and cover for any of the women that work with the youth, so the women can enjoy an hour with their fellow sisters and get their "buckets filled".  No pressure, right? :)  Really it was an answer to my prayer.  I was able to spend hours last week studying, preparing, and learning.  I got so much from the lesson and again my prayers were answered during the meeting when many of the women participated sharing their own touching experiences.  The lesson was on "Pouring your soul to the Lord in prayer".  Tyler and I challenged ourselves in our personal and family prayer to pour our souls out, change up some of our regular language, and be more purposeful and meaningful in our prayers.  Again, my heart was full as I know the POWER of prayer is within.  Our Heavenly Father is always there waiting for us, whether we pray about the same desires of our heart every day or whether we pour our hearts out in gratitude and humility.  He loves us, hears our pleas, and answers in the way that is best for us.

Tuesday was the Pinewood Derby and I swelled with pride at the mature way Andrew handled not winning.  He sincerely congratulated the winners, didn't mention his disappointment, but focused on how glad he was he got to spend time making it with Tyler.  

Also this week I got together with a darling friend from college for some lunch and shopping.
  It made me so happy to spend time with her.  We both ended up with twin girls and living in Northern California!

Then there is this little guy I get to spend my days with!
He is struggling a little with three year old white lies and minor petty theft.  A few things have been "lost", but then later found in his closet or drawers.  The latest was the Christmas jar we put money into all year long was suddenly empty!  Hmmm...his soccer ball bank (also very suddenly) seemed to be VERY full, including some larger bills a 3 year old shouldn't have?!?!  Love him so much!!

Friday night I called in (from my couch, in my pajama pants) to my Power of Moms board meeting.  I am SO inspired by these women I am blessed to associate with.  I am amazed at their vision and ideas and extremely grateful to be part of an organization that champions motherhood!

Tyler and Andrew had a really great time at our ward Father-Son campout about an hour away at Rollings Lake.  On Saturday morning a friend took them out on his fishing boat and Andrew caught two nice size fish.  Two more than his dad caught!!  Andrew was pretty excited! 
Last, but not least, I listened (and shed a few tears) to this a few times, she is darling and these words (full of songs from our Church's Primary program for kids) are so dear to my heart.
 Plus the video footage...wow!
Mother's Day was a wonderful way to end my week! Photos coming!

4 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Happy Mothers' Day daerest Rachelle. You are a daily reminder of why I am greatful for being a mother. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMPRESSIVE fish catching Andrew! I need to take some lessons from you! Glad you had fun!!! I LOVE the song about MOM's. LOVE YOU ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love you! I can't describe the feeling I had when I talked to you last Friday night. Really, one time when you're in UT, we should find an hour or so to squeeze in a quick get together. You are wonderful. I love how the Power of Moms puts me in contact with so many phenomenal women.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish I could have popped in and enjoyed your lesson!! I'm sure you did a great service to all the sisters there! love the title of this post, and love that video too! we watched it in laurels on mothers day and had a little cry. sometimes it's good to remember what is important. LOVE your special day tradition of sharing feelings for one another. what a fantastic gift for a family to give one another. happy late mother's day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails