Saturday, May 12, 2012

A RIPSTICK Pinewood Derby

Andrew LOVES to Ripstick!
Many days I find him trying to sneak in a few minutes before school!
Every day he comes home from school, grabs some snack and heads out for a ride.
So of course, I wasn't surprised that this year's pinewood derby car design was a Ripstick!
He and Tyler worked on it at a workshop one of the fellow scout's Dad hosts every year.
They got the car all cut, sanded, painted, filled with weights, and the big day arrived!
Andrew did his last minute touch-ups before putting the wheels on.
I think that Ripstick looks pretty awesome!
At the derby, there were many fun treats made by my creative friend, Carolyn.
Yes, those are bleachers with gummy bear fans!  So cute!
We had an awesome announcer who raced in full costume - the boys were in heaven!!
 Whenever there are a few minutes for jokes, Andrew ALWAYS has one!

We got an awesome new aluminum track this year!
 The boys had a great time racing their cars and in the end Andrew was not one of the top three cars.  But, I was so proud of him for being a good sport and most importantly having fun!!

Andrew had quite the cheering section!  These girls think their brother is pretty great!
Those signs are tearjerkers!  I love "in my mind, you're already #1"!

After the racing, all the boys smiled for their moms.
And then the photo they wanted, typical cub scouts!
On the car ride way home when I asked him what his favorite part of the experience was,
 he said it was making his car with his Dad.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS! I love this car/Rip Stick, and the pictures! What a great time and TYLER ("Super DAD") nice work helping Andrew with the car/stick! :) Glad you had a GREAT time Andrew!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved how your kids made signs to cheer Andrew on! I am going to borrow this idea for my family. My dad is just waiting for the day that Josh can do Pinewood derby. What a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! Could you do me a huge favor and ask what track they ended up purchasing? Our ward is in desperate need of a new one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails