Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My Mother's Day was wonderful.  
 Tyler and my kids made it so special showering me with my favorite foods (all prepped and cleaned up by them) and their homemade gifts and cards which I treasure.  Then as tradition has it on special days in our family, we stand on a chair and tell the person whose special day it is, how much and the reasons why we love and appreciate them.  These are my favorite moments.  The ones where time almost stands still.  The ones where you forget about everything else around you and can almost eat up the Spirit that is there.  The ones I want to capture and put in a jar.  I want them to be part of my heart and mind forever.  I did get smart this year and video the kids, hoping that helps my poor memory.  Each of the kids shared such sincere reasons.  Together we laughed at some of the funny ones, and even had tears over the sweet, tender feelings we have for one another.  Afterwards, Tyler shared the value of women and mothers in our lives and in our Heavenly Father's eyes.  I got to share my love for each of them and for my blessing and opportunity of being a wife and a mother.  Motherhood is my greatest joy.  It is my greatest challenge too.  I am pushed in unique ways, as we all are, relying on my Savior for strength.  Besides my relationship with my God and my Savior, there is nothing more important than these relationships.

I love this message:

2 comments:

  1. Aah, another beautiful message. Thanks for the reminder of how precious motherhood is. It is holidays and special occations that I most miss my children. I cherish those days when they were young and still at home. I am so greatful to my children for the wonderful men and husbands they have become. I as so glad they make such a big deal of those special occations and pamper their wives; mothers of their children. Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having you in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails