My little series, (beginning here) reminds me about what most recently brings me happiness. In no particular order, here's today's list:
I LOVE seeing my kids sincerely happy for each other. Let me share a few examples. Andrew had been saving his dollars for a Harry Potter Lego Set he found and really wanted. We found it at Costco for ten dollars less before he had earned all of his money. I bought it and put it under my bed to hold for him until he had saved enough money. He still had about $20 to earn so I figured it could be a while. However, one Saturday morning, while cleaning out Andrew's closet he came across an old porcelain bank. You guessed it...inside was $21!! He was so excited. But what I will always remember about the experience is that his sisters were just as excited. It was as if the Legos were for them. They were jumping up and down for him, squealing in delight. They ran to get the Legos and joined in the fun of putting together Hogwarts's Castle.
I didn't have a photograph of that day, but did catch (by accident) this same type of pure, unselfish joy!! Look at Katelyn's face behind Matthew. How fantastic is that!
My last example of this is when Aubrey was chosen to be on her school's Student Council. We all knew how badly she wanted it. We knew she hadn't gotten on last year and was sorely disappointed. We knew she had put a lot of time into her application letter. We knew what it would mean to her. At age 11, a lot. The day she found out she told the kids after school while they waited for their ride. They then planned out how they were going to tell Tyler and I. The plan was for the twins to tell us Aubrey had a hard day at school and the moment we asked what had happened, they would all jump up and down screaming, "Just kidding, she got on the Student Council"!!! It was as if something great had happened to all of them! LOVE those moments!
For me personally I love it when my day begins with a good run in these:
and ends with a night out with Tyler in these:
Last, but not least...after Tyler's Lasik we grabbed Chinese food on the way home. We walked in and the kids were so cute. They had been involved in our prayers and fasting for the success of his surgery and were concerned for how he was doing. They had set the table, please notice the darling little sign on his plate, "EYE" love you! They always bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart!!
For me personally I love it when my day begins with a good run in these:
and ends with a night out with Tyler in these:
Last, but not least...after Tyler's Lasik we grabbed Chinese food on the way home. We walked in and the kids were so cute. They had been involved in our prayers and fasting for the success of his surgery and were concerned for how he was doing. They had set the table, please notice the darling little sign on his plate, "EYE" love you! They always bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart!!
![]() |
| Don't make fun of poor Tyler, the nurses made him wear the cool glasses and I MADE him close his eyes as I knew the flash would not be good for those sensitive eyes!! |





This reminds me how excited I am for Berkeley to have siblings! And how excited I am to run again (so close yet so far away)
ReplyDeleteI really should start a happiness series. It's all about the little things isn't it?! Yet for some reason I had a crabby day and felt like nothing was right about anything. Ho hum. Guess it's time for bed. Love your pictures--made me want to go shoe shopping. (I LOVE shoes.)
ReplyDelete