Sunday, December 11, 2011

Happiness is...

Last year my mom gave me this Willow Tree figurine, entitled "Happiness".
Take a good look at it.
Doesn't she look at peace, content, happy, grateful? 
As if it goes from her toes all the way through her fingertips! 
I am sure she has a smile.

Since receiving this figurine, it's been sitting on my dresser and I've taken a look at it almost every morning.
How often do I look like this figurine?  How often do I feel this happy?  How often do I share with those I love the happiness in my heart?

In order to better do this I'm beginning a little series of "happiness is..." posts that will occur randomly in the future.  Many of the moments that bring me the most happiness cannot be photographed.  But they must be recorded.  So for today, I will share for me happiness is...
  • My kids sitting right next to each other, when the entire couch is empty. 
  • Matthew squealing with delight when we pick the oldest four up from school, with open arms, "I missed you guys".  As if they have been gone for eight days, not eight hours!!
  • Having friends and family that are truly and genuinely happy for me. It is almost as if the things that bring me happiness are their blessings as well. As if they receive some sort of happiness themselves through seeing others (specifically that they care about) happy. This is a rare, but valuable quality that I am so appreciative of.
  • Last, but not least, catching a child doing something that is "best" with their time.  I caught Aubrey reading her scriptures with the few extra minutes she had before school.  Tears came to my eyes and I ran to get my camera to capture this beautiful moment.  Oh the happiness that brings me!
"Happiness is a grateful spirit, an optimistic attitude, and a heart full of love." -Wendy Bentley

4 comments:

  1. That is simply beautiful,I love your thoughts and Aubrey looks beautiful. What a sweet girl and so special. Love you all and can't wait to see you

    Love GMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness is having a sister like YOU! THANKS for your example and sharing....Where did you get that stand for your Willow Tree? I have the same one...but not the stand..LOVED this post! Love ya! Can't wait to see you! Aubrey, THANKS for your example! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How old is she and look how clean her room is!!!!! Before school no less. Okay-I know not quite the point of your post--but nonetheless--what a great idea. Most of the things that make me the very happiest can't be captured with a camera either. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious picture of Aubrey. It's times and photos like that that I miss being a part of. I agree with you, the things that make me happy are the things that make those I love happy. But I feel happiest when I am with my boys and their families. What a blessing it is to have three wonderful families that I really do admire and look up to. Thanks for being part of "the best", and letting me be involved and a part of your kids lives. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails