Within moments of arriving, the kids were anxious for another "Christmas".
We managed to talk them into unloading the car and began our much shorter and quieter Christmas with Grandpa Kerry and Grandma Bonnie. We sat under their tree. I am not kidding, that on the top left was their tree for their year. Thank goodness someone at the ward party heard they weren't having one and gave them a leftover centerpiece! They have a great excuse, my sweet father-in-law had open heart surgery a few months ago and why go to all that work when it's just the two of you. They said they stood to open their gifts Christmas morning and it only took a few minutes!!
We managed to talk them into unloading the car and began our much shorter and quieter Christmas with Grandpa Kerry and Grandma Bonnie. We sat under their tree. I am not kidding, that on the top left was their tree for their year. Thank goodness someone at the ward party heard they weren't having one and gave them a leftover centerpiece! They have a great excuse, my sweet father-in-law had open heart surgery a few months ago and why go to all that work when it's just the two of you. They said they stood to open their gifts Christmas morning and it only took a few minutes!!
The gifts were a big hit! Matthew was such a delight this year, so appreciative for everything!
The girls got pillow pets, suitcases for their American Girl doll clothes, and special, silky nightgowns made by Grandma.
And the Ripstick, WOW! That was a surprise for Andrew and boy was he excited!!
The next few days were full of play time! Since we don't have a Wii, that's always popular. Then there is Grandma's dress-ups...including dressing up one super-cute, three year old BOY! Katelyn thought this was especially funny! It brought back dear memories of my sister and I dressing up my younger brother, Nathan. If only I could find those pics now...
There were LOTS of crafts. Hours and hours.
One of the projects Bonnie found at Joanne's were these small beads that you bake and mold into bowls. It was a several step process, but the kids didn't mind the time at all, they just patiently waited.
Tyler also took the older two skiing at Alta, while I took the younger three to the movie.
They loved it so much they went back up again Saturday afternoon. It was so cold (5 degrees at the top) and windy, I stayed warm with the younger ones again. My sister joined them though and they had so much fun!!
We also enjoyed our visits with Great - Grandpa and Grandma Backman (darn it, I didn't get a photo) and a surprise visit from Uncle Bill and Aunt Ginny. She makes the yummiest, famous rainbow jello that she knows we all love, ESPECIALLY Andrew. It was so sweet of her!In addition, to crafts Grandma Bonnie got the girls started on knitting some scarfs. When they weren't going as fast (and as straight) as the girl's wanted, Grandma made serious efforts to help. Boy, were they thrilled with the finished products!!
It was a short, but wonderful time together!














Oh, how we love the time spent with your family. But I agree....this year was tooooooooo short. I hope we can see more of each other in 2012. And darn, we never got a picture of the girls in their pretty blue nightgowns. Maybe an "and then after" picture! Love to all!
ReplyDelete