Friday, January 20, 2012

Andrew

Let's just talk a few minutes here about Andrew.  What a great kid!
  Really this month he's practically LIVED on his Ripstick.  I am not kidding!  He comes home from school, maybe grabs a snack he can eat on the go and is out until I call him in for homework.  Then he flies through that as fast as he can in order to catch any available light before it's so dark it's dangerous for him and I call him in again! 
Look at this smile!  This was the BEST gift he got for Christmas!  
Most importantly because he loves it, it's physical activity, and only cost $30. 
As an added bonus...it has brought home to him a quote we've been memorizing that says, "That which we persist in doing becomes easier - not that the nature of the task has changed, but that our ability to do so has increased"-by Spencer W. Kimball
He gets this quote now. The eight year old boy that took two days of lots of falling (note band-aid on knee) and getting back up again, can tie his efforts to persisting! 
I love it when something/someone else can do the teaching!

In addition, Andrew invested some time this month in learning more about the Vikings at school.  His research culminated with a hand-made project, which he chose to be a Viking ship.  A buttermilk carton, some cardboard, skewers, and a lot of masking tape later...there you have it!


4 comments:

  1. I used that Spencer W. Kimball quote in my talk this month on developing talents. I love it! I also love all the pictures on your blog. You are amazing! And I love how full of energy and enjoyment of life you are...I am hoping it will inspire me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Andrew! Riding a Ripstick is not easy, good job keeping with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE WORK, Andrew with your new skateboard! You will have to teach me how to do that next time I am there1 I sure love and miss you guys! Glad your January has been so productive...what a great feeling! Love you ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's a few bumps and bruises if in the end you have tackled something you really enjoy. Way to go Andrew! I'm so glad you are enjoying your rip stick. I don't think I have the balance these days to even stay on a regular skateboard much less a rip stick! Keep working hard! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails