Honestly, I don't know who ever came up with SPRING cleaning.
For me, JANUARY cleaning is best!
The last few Springs have been so busy with all the end of the year stuff - piano recitals, spring break, Easter, Memorial Day, Women's Conference, Aubrey's play performance, dance shows, music concerts, school field days, swim team practices and time trials, etc. that by the time the rain is done
(I am not complaining about my nearly perfect weather), I am ready to play in the spring! Plus, in January I can capitalize on the newly re-energized me, ready to tackle the world and house and resolutions, etc.
And so, I've been "buried" in completing the project of cleaning out closets and EVERY darn piece of paper in my house! Yes, now I'm kind of "anti-paper". It's got to have a real reason to be kept. And I mean a real reason.
I didn't take any photos of me consolidating files and getting rid of my filing cabinet or knee deep in every closet, but just believe me that's where I've been! Well, that is, in short pockets of time.
In between a lot of this:
And Tyler's been a huge help going through stuff, plus re-grouting the counter-tops! What a guy! Then when the older kids are all at school, Matthew and I are back to real life.
We "do" the dishes together.
Really it starts out everyday with bubbles...
and ends in basically a bath!
Oh and the fun, cool things that little boys make and get so excited about!
With only a few days of rain this month, we've had lots of playing outside...love it!
We had some friends come into town (bummer, no pics), hiking and
Tyler's birthday too to enjoy!
Love it when I can work hard AND play hard, it's been a great January so far!










Now that you are done with your "spring cleaning" will you come do mine?!!! It's always so nice to step back and see how nice things are when newly and neatly organized. I reorganized my pantry not too long ago and it has been so nice to be able to find things in there! You absolutely amaze me.....not a single dull moment at your house. Oh how I would love to have some of that energy. Love to all!
ReplyDelete