Monday, November 28, 2011

Gratitude

It was wonderful this November, reading through a month's worth of Facebook gratitude lists.
  Although, not publicly, I too was counting my many blessings throughout the month.  The week of Thanksgiving was a welcome change to the normal routines of life.  Tyler took most of the week off of work, the kids were out of school, and we had some fun (very low-key) things planned.  I was "un-plugged" from my normal to-do lists and routines and had the time to enjoy the simple, unplanned times.

This break gave me an additional opportunity to ponder those things that I am most grateful for.  
At the top of my long list is my faith and my family.  My faith and membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints gives me the perspective and strength that I need and use daily.  I am grateful for a patient and loving Heavenly Father.   I am grateful for His Son, my Savior, Jesus Christ.  For His perfect life and sacrifice for me.  I am grateful for His open arms of love and forgiveness.  I am grateful to belong to a church that helps me remember and focus on what is truly important.  Our church is focused on our relationship with God and Jesus Christ AND our relationships with our family members.  I love family.  I love being a daughter, sister, sister-in-law, aunt, grand-daughter, daughter- in-law, wife, and mother.  I love being part of a family, my family of origin, my in-law's family, and my own family now with Tyler and these constantly growing munchkins that call me Mom.  Not that it is all perfect and super easy all the time.  It is real life around here.  I too have to work at relationships, life's demands, and balancing it all.  But, I have been reminded recently of the importance of being patient with ourselves in our strivings.  This is not easy.  To have realistic demands and expectations, a rich life, and be (simply and most importantly) focused on what is most (not necessarily urgent, but definitely) important...wow, what a balancing act! 

I do know this, we are all children of God.
  The knowledge and realization of that identity and purpose in our everyday life is universal and essential!  

When I saw this yesterday, it rang so true to my feelings lately, enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOU, MY SISTER AND MY FRIEND!!!! LOVE THAT VIDEO! I WATCHED IT THIS WEEKEND!!! IT IS AWESOME! :) Love and miss you LOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. You are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your Gratitude List. And also for sharing Elder Nelson's message. Yes, in deed, we are so fortunate to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails