Although it was harder than I thought to pull off with 5th grade girls,
we were able to throw Aubrey a SURPRISE birthday party for her "golden birthday".
She turned eleven on the eleventh!
She had heard some "rumblings" about a surprise party that was happening for her earlier in the week so I had to really work hard to throw her off.
I even made invitations for the party we were "planning" next week!
On the day of the party I told her that we were going to go shopping for a new bike for her. Tyler "happened" to call on our way asking us to make a quick stop.
We pulled up to the building and she had no idea that it was a nearby community Sports Complex (thank goodness it isn't clearly labeled).
We walked in and eleven girls screamed at the top of their lungs, SURPRISE!!
It was awesome, she was SO shocked!!
Luckily a friend of mine had her camera and got these two photos of the moment.
The girls enjoyed rock wall climbing, which for most of them it was their first time! They loved it. Three of them made it to the top, including Aubrey.
After that we headed back to our house for dinner. I made Aubrey her traditional favorite, Thai Noodle Salad and wondering how many of the girls would be open to trying it, got pizza for back-up. After dinner Aubrey opened her gifts. Here are the cute girls with their "crazy faces".
This is Aubrey's cute, long time friend Emmelyne and the darling bows she made her!
Next, we had cake. Really it was not cake, but rather a layer of brownies, homemade hot fudge, double-fudge brownie ice cream, and whipping cream.
Needless to say, they loved it.
Several of the girls suggested I share the recipe with their own mothers :).
Then the girls enjoyed a night under the stars in the backyard watching Princess Diaries on the big screen.
We had a popcorn and candy bar set-up and hot chocolate for them to enjoy. It was a great night!!
I made these party favors with my pretend invite.
All of the effort was worth it when two minutes into our party, in the middle of eleven, rock-climbing girls, Aubrey looked over at me and mouthed the words, "Thank you SO much, Mom".










OH, my goodness, you are so brave to tackle eleven 11 year olds. It looks like the surprise party was a big hit. and the movie under the stars great fun. What a great mom Aubrey has. Always coming up with something fun and special. Looks like Aubrey has some good friends. Just remember Aubrey to be a good example to all of your friends. Love to all!
ReplyDeleteWHAT AN AMAZING BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo glad you were surprised! YOU sure have a gooooood MOMMA and POPPA!!!! Glad you had a GREAT day! Wish I could have been there! Love ya LOTS and LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!Miss you! I need to come visit, SOOON!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete