This little brown-eyed boy has captured all of our hearts!
He has been so excited and telling everyone, including strangers, that his birthday was coming!
And so it was a big deal (as all birthdays are at our house, in fact so big that when our home teacher asked our kids what their favorite holiday was they answered, "Christmas and our birthdays!"). We were home all day, watching our church's general conference and enjoyed every minute (both of conference and some nice at home, family, down time). Matthew had chosen a football cake and I gave it my best shot. He loved it (and that's what matters)!
After we sang and he blew out his candles, he opened gifts fast and furiously. There was no time to waste! He had a large pile to get to with gifts from siblings and grandparents.
He was really excited about a new watch. He thinks now he can tell time. It's always got an "o-clock" in it and some random number. In addition, usually a time for something. For example, this morning he looked at his watch and announced, "It's o'clock and time to leave the park and get some fruit snacks, Mom"!
He LOVED everything he got, including a birthday card from Katelyn which read, (among other cute, loving things) "I love you even when you hit me". I have no problem that she is "keeping it real"! At least, she still loves him!
And we was super excited about some puzzles, clothes, and more pieces to his train track!
And when all the gifts were gone from the table, we told him to cover his eyes, and Dad brought in from the garage... a new bike!!! My favorite photo of the day...can you tell how excited he was!?! Look at the jaw-dropping surprise!!!
He spent the afternoon getting the hang of the pedaling and we took it out for a family walk that night. It was a great day to celebrate having this sweet, loving (more of the many things I love about him here) boy in our family!










Crazy how time flies! Love the pictures!!!! He has such a spirited smile
ReplyDeleteLove the "o'clock" + something he wants to do.
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cutie! Happy Birthday Matthew!
ReplyDeletewhat a special boy and such a sweet happy smile. It is do nice having that cute boy in our family. We love you Mathew
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sweet Matthew! What a doll. I absolutely love the pic of him seeing the bike. And little Aubrey in the back (I think that's Aubrey??) being just as excited for him! What a bunch of sweet kids.
ReplyDeleteThe cake is amazing. I love his expression when seeing his bike. Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI love the look of joyful surprise on Matthew's face, but the look of total joy in his enjoyment on Katelyn's face in the background is also classic! Happy Birthday, Matthew!! We love you!
ReplyDeleteLove, love this boy. But where have the past three years gone? What a cool football cake. The one pic looks like he is kissing it, but I know he must be blowing out the candles. Couldn't find more excitement than he is showing when his bicycle is revealed. What a ham! Now I'm sure he thinks he's just as big as everyone else. Love to all!
ReplyDelete