We were all go glad to see Nathan, Alyssa, and Bentley arrive! We knew the party was going to get started soon!! After the kids went to bed and before all the family and friends began arriving, my parents and Tyler and I were able to spend a few minutes with Nathan and Alyssa giving them our wedding gift. When we got married we had a breakfast before hand where our family and friends shared their love and best marital advice. It was one of my favorite parts of our special day. Nathan and Alyssa didn't have enough time to have this type of event with his work schedule, their honeymoon, wedding, and receptions so I asked all of her siblings (five sisters and spouses) and parents and all of my family to share with them their thoughts and some photographs. I put together a book for Nathan and Alyssa with over a combined 250 years of marriage advice and wisdom. It included photographs of them with various family members, as well as some of my favorite quotes about marriage. As always, these books (and the time and energy involved) are an act of love. It was so fun making it for them! Tyler and I put together a basket with a few of our favorite marriage books with the book I made them included. They were so surprised and excited! In fact, Nathan was teary-eyed as he read through it. I hope it's something they always treasure.
The day of the reception there was a lot of fun going on at my grandparent's ranch. Here's the ranch bunk house. My grandparents had a house "in town" too, but spent most of their time here. Lots of memories here from growing up chasing peacocks around, feeding the baby cows, and riding horses. No one lives in it anymore, it now is the ranch office.
My dad and brothers were helping anyone that wanted to ride horses and my sister and I were in charge of a luncheon for the visiting family members. We had lots of helpers too!
I asked my cousin, Andy to be in charge of the beef, knowing he would do a fantastic job.
There was a ton of steaks and trip-tip and boy was it tasty!
There was a ton of steaks and trip-tip and boy was it tasty!
Look at the size of that meat, it fills their entire plate!!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the red behind this gorgeous couple.
Love this one too of my darling sister, Kristin and new niece, Bentley.
Nathan, Alyssa, and their parents:
It was so fun to see lots of relatives and old family friends that I haven't seen for years. There was dinner and visiting down stairs and dancing up stairs. It was a great night!
I have WAY too many pics, so here's a small sample:
Nathan, Alyssa, and their parents:
It was so fun to see lots of relatives and old family friends that I haven't seen for years. There was dinner and visiting down stairs and dancing up stairs. It was a great night!
I have WAY too many pics, so here's a small sample:











Looks like you guys had a great time! What a cute couple they are!! It was so fun that Josh and Andrew got to talk today. We need to get let the girls do it this week. We will try and work out the bugs with Skype, but I think it will entail getting a new camera so it may be a bit.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys lots!!
How lucky for Nathan and Alyssa to have you as a sister/in law! what a great gift.....all the books and advise, but most of all the time and effort you put into the book you made. I thought this party was supposed to be for Nathan and Alyssa.....so then why is Nathan in the kitchen helping!? Everything looks so nice and the food looks wonderful. Again, what a great sister! Love to all!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IDAHO!!!! What a GREAT weekend! Love you all! :)
ReplyDelete