I began my day early and up on the stand at church. I was so blessed to be able to share my thoughts on Motherhood along with my testimony of it's divine role. It was a wonderful way to start my day.
After church I was "loved on" all day with gifts, extra hugs, meals prepared, dishes done, and hours of Skype and phone conversations with a few on my favorite mothers including my mother, my mother-in-law, and grandmother. I hope they each know how much I love them and the incredible influence they have had on me. I have learned so much as they each have their own strengths and talents that have shaped me in my early mothering years.
It has been a tradition to be sure on Mother's Day to get a photo with me and each of my kidos! I love having these photos and seeing (all my hair do's...NOT!) how they are each growing and changing.
One of the best parts of the day was having Tyler home from his Sunday meetings early - hooray! Although one of the candy bars (that I had "forgotten" - mentioned in my last post) was eaten by the giver...I had a wonderful gifts, both homemade and store-bought to open. Including a candy bar from Katelyn, darling Roxy leather flip-flops from Tyler (LOVE a great surprise!), the book "Through His Eyes" by Virginia Pearce from the kids, and a pampering kit (and a date for all of the pampering) from Aubrey.
It was a wonderful day and my heart is so full of love for the ones that have mothered me and the ones I am privileged to have the blessing of mothering!




Happy Mothers' Day to one terrific mother. You are the best! I sure would like to have heard your talk. Love to all!
ReplyDelete