Friday, May 6, 2011

Phonetic spelling (and weight estimations by five year olds) made my day!!

I love how excited my kids get about Mother's Day. 
Gently hassling reminding Tyler as to what their big plans are and giving him plenty of ideas for what they think I would love to receive.  I feel their love more through their excitement and desire to serve me, than any gift they could buy.
This year Katelyn and Megan have been counting down the days until Mother's Day.  In fact, yesterday at the grocery store they picked out candy bars (that I could buy with my money, of course!).  As they ran off to their room to hide them, they made me promise to forget by Sunday. 
And then there's the classroom activities, where my kids are SO excited to share what they've been working on.  Today they had prepared darling cards (below), painted flower pots (oops, no photo),  a newly learned song about Moms, and served a breakfast treat.  These girls both woke up shortly after six A.M. to get ready for the big day (somehow with all that time, Megan still didn't get her bed made!), the Mother's Day Kindergarten Tea.
I love their notes. Phonetic spelling is my favorite!!
Translation of Megan's:  She is prettiest when she goes on a date and I love her because when she goes on a date with me. 
Katelyn's note says: She is prettiest when she is at a play and I love her because she is the best mom ever!  These girls made my day so special!

4 comments:

  1. Love it. My Megan said I weighed 50 pounds and was 20 years old. Made my day. Too bad we can't always see ourselves through the eyes of 4 and 5 year olds, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics and happy mothers day! They are lucky to have you! Katelyn and Megan look so grown up! I can't wait to see everyone in a couple of months! Love ya all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is beautiful! Happy, happy Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you certainly can't top those notes to a great mom. Thank goodness for Mothers' Day, at least one day each year you find out you must be doing something right when they put into words how wonderful you are. Happy Mothers' Day! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails