Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Know That My Savior Lives

I am grateful for so many things, especially belonging to a church that has such amazing programs for my children.  Yes, Mormons go to THREE hours of church each Sunday.  After our first and most important meeting, Sacrament meeting (where we partake of the Sacrament), all kids between the age of three and twelve years old attend Primary.  There, MORE volunteers (everyone in our church is a volunteer, no one is paid) teach lessons, share experiences, do activities, sing songs, and love our children!!  It is such a blessing and I feel the "village" around me helping me to raise, love, and support my children.  One of my favorite parts of Primary when I was a child and now for my children is the music.  We have a Children's Songbook with over 280 songs.  In addition, each year the Primary children learn hymns from our hymnbook used in Sacrament meeting.  Once a year the children take part in the Sacrament meeting by providing the talks and the music, it is always one of my most favorite meetings of the year.  This year there was a song chosen to be sung at every congregation's Primary program (over 28,000 world wide) to go along with the 2010 theme, I Know That My Savior Lives.  This beautiful song, sung by the sweet voice of a child touches me every time.  
 I know that my Savior lives and I desire nothing more than for my children to know it also!  
Here are the sweet lyrics:

A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.

Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path every day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
Chorus


My three girls sang this at my brother David's mission homecoming last month and there weren't too many dry eyes.  
As my oldest, truly touched by the Spirit of the Holy Ghost, emotionally finished, it was obvious she knows her Savior lives and loves her.

2 comments:

  1. THANKS for sharing your sweet testimony! I too know He lives! I love that song that Aubrey sang at David's homecoming. It touched my heart. I am especially grateful for eternal families...THANKS Rachelle for being the best sister I could ask for. I am grateful for you and your awesome example and testimony. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have put it more beautifully. What a wonderful example you set for all those who know you.
    Love to all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails