We had a nice Halloween surprise (for the kids - Tyler and I knew they were coming) with Grandpa Kerry and Grandma Bonnie driving in from Utah and knocking on the door. We were just sitting down for dinner (which is normally the time the UPS driver comes) and I encouraged them to all answer the door. I wish I had a video of their faces! They were shocked to see them on their porch and then after a few seconds burst into screams and squeals and jumps for hugs!
The rest of our weekend was full of soccer and home projects (they both are so great at helping us with our home to-do lists). We had a great time at our ward Trunk or Treat.
I think Matthew's costume only lasted five minutes (after that we played him off as a GAP model), but he thought the whole say "trick or treat", look cute, and someone gives you candy was a pretty great thing.
In addition, there was the annual Chili cook-off and after the "trunk or treating", plenty of games inside. As always, the pinata was the most popular. Andrew was especially ready to get a jump on the candy!
Tyler and I enjoyed a fun adult-only party with friends on Saturday. Our friends, Jeremy and Amanda really know how to party, they hired a great band and had more food than I have ever seen! We pulled out our In and Out costumes from a few years ago. We even won "cutest couple"!
Since Halloween was on a Sunday and we weren't going to be trick or treating, we spent the evening with our friends, Charles and Danee. They live in the "country" and it was a perfect night (no doorbells ringing) with good friends and yummy food. I made the Sausage Totellini soup and Danee did the Apple Cider Donuts, both from ourbestbites.com (love that site!).
Although not one of my favorite holidays, we sure enjoyed a great one in 2010!
From our Narnia White Witch, Zoro, Ariel, cheerleader, and Fireman!







Too Cute! Hard to believe Aubry wore those costumes just a few years ago. What a good looking bunch of goblins!
ReplyDeleteLove to all!
SOOOOO FUN!!!! Glad you had a good time! Everyone looks so CUTE!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could have been there to see you all in your costumes! Love and Miss you all!
ReplyDelete