It was a quick trip, but oh so worth it!! We had a fantastic trip to Idaho to celebrate my youngest brother, David finishing his church mission to Honduras. We drove up on Wednesday and came home Sunday, but enjoyed every minute. My sister and grandparents came up from Utah and my brother came down from Boise. It was great to be with everyone! We missed my brother Nathan who is in Michigan, but are anxious to be with him over Thanksgiving. It will be three years since we have all been together. Sounds like time for a family photograph, huh?
Since it was so close to Aubrey's birthday she enjoyed an additional family party with Grandma Prescott making one of her well-loved cakes. This storybook reads "Once upon the time there was a beautiful girl named Aubrey. She was sweet, cute, and talented. She was loved by all".
Since it was so close to Aubrey's birthday she enjoyed an additional family party with Grandma Prescott making one of her well-loved cakes. This storybook reads "Once upon the time there was a beautiful girl named Aubrey. She was sweet, cute, and talented. She was loved by all".
The kids enjoyed a lot of down time and fun with family.
Matthew loved hanging out with his Great-Grandpa Jensen, insisting every night to eat on his lap.
We did our normal "Idaho stuff" out at the ranch, riding horses and the four-wheeler, but this year my dad also took us to a pumpkin patch (well a version of a "pumpkin patch") and an educational type experience in the corn fields. The kids were thrilled at the adventure as usual! When we showed up at what my Dad has called the pumpkin patch and it looked like this, you can imagine my surprise and disbelief.
I swear this was really what it looked like. However, somehow we walked out with several pumpkins! Actually once you started in, (through the little stickers that killed Kristin's legs) there were pumpkins everywhere! To prove it to you, here are the fruits of our labors!
The next day our visit to the corn field was quite educational. After all those years living in Southern Idaho who knew that to tell if an ear of corn is top quality it has 16 kernels around? Not me! My dad knows all kinds of interesting stuff about genetically altered corn making the ears grow at a higher height for the snow. Seriously, I learned a lot.
The kids loved it and we quickly learned that just a few rows in you could easily get lost. We didn't lose anyone, but I wouldn't want to either.
I love this shot of my sister, Kristin. I sure do love this girl!
On Sunday, David gave his Homecoming talk during church. He did an amazing job! He told about the people in Honduras some of their trials and their faith. He testified of the things he had taught them about the Gospel. He closed by sharing his testimony in Spanish. It really was fantastic. Afterwards, Andrew leaned over and asked me old he has to be to go on a mission. What a great example David has been for our family. He put aside his own desires for two years and went to serve the Honduran people and the Lord. We have been blessed by his love, his example, and his service.
Aubrey, Katelyn, and Megan sang I Know That My Savior Loves Me during the meeting and it was beautiful. (More coming on this in another post). After-wards, we enjoyed an open house at my parent's home with lunch and treats. It was really fun to see some family and friends that I don't get to see very often. In addition, my dad's sweet cousin and his wife, Walt and Eileen Peterson came from Burley.
They were so great to visit with and I love this cute picture with them giving Aubrey some compliments for her singing. Can you sense the love in this picture? They have never met Aubrey and are third cousins (I think), yet look at the emotion and love as they tell her what a great job she did bringing the Spirit into the meeting. Eileen told her that she could tell by the emotion in her voice that Aubrey truly knows that her Savior loves her. It was a sweet moment they shared.
Here are the cooks: my grandma, mom, sister and I did plenty of cooking this weekend.
Saying good-bye, one more big hug!
And then for the nine hours home. In between helping kids, I read my new camera's owner manual. It was enough to keep me awake, barely!
Aubrey, Katelyn, and Megan sang I Know That My Savior Loves Me during the meeting and it was beautiful. (More coming on this in another post). After-wards, we enjoyed an open house at my parent's home with lunch and treats. It was really fun to see some family and friends that I don't get to see very often. In addition, my dad's sweet cousin and his wife, Walt and Eileen Peterson came from Burley.
They were so great to visit with and I love this cute picture with them giving Aubrey some compliments for her singing. Can you sense the love in this picture? They have never met Aubrey and are third cousins (I think), yet look at the emotion and love as they tell her what a great job she did bringing the Spirit into the meeting. Eileen told her that she could tell by the emotion in her voice that Aubrey truly knows that her Savior loves her. It was a sweet moment they shared.
Here are the cooks: my grandma, mom, sister and I did plenty of cooking this weekend.
Saying good-bye, one more big hug!
And then for the nine hours home. In between helping kids, I read my new camera's owner manual. It was enough to keep me awake, barely!

















Love this post! WHAT a GREAT weekend! It was so good to be with family, especially this weekend! LOVE these pictures! Can't wait to see you next month! LOVE ya LOTS!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVED the pictures. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! Wish I could have heard the grls sing... glad you made it home safely! See you friday?!?
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Especially loved seeing Grandma Linda Prescott & the beautiful cake she made - Awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteOne of Linda's friends from Idaho,
Ladonna Gedeborg