This is my friend Carolyn, cute huh?
I'm now going to give you the short story version of her birthday. She is the ULTIMATE party girl. Give her some music, some pink heels, and clear the floor! When I realized she was turning 40 and nothing yet had been planned, the wheels started to spin. I called my friend, Danee (also cook and caterer extraordinaire) and off we went....running! With only ten days we had so much fun putting on a sit-down dinner party and pulled it off as a surprise!
Danee was "head chef" and everything was so yummy. We had a pasta bar complete with fettucine, ravioli, grilled chicken, italian sausage, alfredo sauce, and rosa marinara. As sides we had a delicious Insalata Bleu salad and Macaroni Grill italian bread. Danee suggested we serve "good water". I had never heard of it, but have learned to trust. Who knew? The good water was amazing and got quite the raving reviews!
I had a fantastic time worked on the decorating using Carolyn's very favorite colors, black, white, and HOT pink. Carolyn is such a fun, crazy girl that I included some True or False facts on the tables, you wouldn't believe some of them, but they were all true! We also put together a book with 40 reasons why Carolyn is loved that the party go-ers filled out while there. It also included love notes from her siblings and out of town family members too!
Her step-daughter Pari helped me make her gift from me, this fun banner she can use again and again! It was a wonderful night with great friends!






What a lucky girl to have you as a friend. Sounds like you had a great time. It looks as though not a beat was missed from invitations, decoration to even a menu?! You're the best. Love to all!
ReplyDelete