Friday, July 23, 2010

Fishing

Tuesday morning we went back down the canyon and came across this pasture with 25 beautiful horses, some of them new babies.  I must have made them nervous, because they ran away too fast for me!
 We were headed to do a little fishing at a fish hatchery overflow pond.  It actually wasn’t as easy as it sounds, these trout weren’t that hungry (they did like the canned corn more than the earthworms though).  When we finally caught one, it was a big deal, notice everyone is in on it!
I'm not sure who is more excited, my kids or my sister, Kristin!
 Check out the serious work to get this one out!
Every time we go to Idaho my dad tries to help my kids be less "city-wimps".  You know not complain about the freezing cold snow in the winter when the wind is blowing like 65 miles an hour everyday out on the horses or holding a fish that is slightly bleeding by it's mouth?!?!?  Andrew thought about it, but there was no way Aubrey was going to come close to holding it!!!
Surprisingly Megan said she would give it a try...well as long as it was on a stick that is.
The twins were thrilled with the whole experience and Katelyn was especially proud because she scooped this one out totally by herself.  (With me racing to grab her by her pants so she didn't fall in!)
We caught enough for dinner (my kids first fish, since Tyler and I aren’t fish eaters) and I love this picture as a perfect example of body language! You can definitely tell how Andrew feels about cleaning the fish once you get home!

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! I am sorry again to have missed connecting with you...

    And I love Target clothes! Yeah for gumball and cupcake shirts. Can Ellie be a triplet with your little girls?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails