In the afternoon we went to Bear Lake. When Tyler was growing up his extended family on his Mom’s side (Grandpa Backman and his seven daughters) went up to Bear Lake every summer. They have so many fond memories with their cousins and years of playing together as a family, we knew that Bear Lake was a for sure spot we wanted to hit this year. We too went there for the first several years of our marriage, while we lived in Utah, but we wanted our kids to come and experience it also. We were staying right by the Marina and I loved having a few minutes to shoot some photographs there, what colors!
After we arrived at our time share, got settled and dinner, we went to the Pickleville Playhouse for a darling melodrama. Andrew is still doing his version of it’s star, Juanito Bandito. It was a late night, but they (I stayed home with Matthew) loved it!!
The next day we played tennis, did crafts, went to the Lake and played in the sand, swam in the indoor pool, watched movies and even got in adult doubles match of tennis. At about ten we realized we hadn’t had a famous Bear Lake raspberry shake from LaBeaus. Of course, we had to go, it was as delicious (and busy) as I remembered.
Friday , Tyler had the day off (yahoo!). He, Kerry, and Brandon took the older kids to the golfing range and the little girls stayed home to tackle more of Grandma Bonnie’s craft tote. We spent the afternoon at the lake on jet-skiis and had a fantastic time. I took the kids out first and I’ll never forget their squeals with delight! “This is awesome!”they kept yelling over and over again! It was so fun!






WOW. I don't remember Bear Lake being so beautiful--other than the amazing light blue water. I'll need to go there again some day.
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love Bear Lake! You guys look like you are having such a great time. How did you wrangle all this time away from home?
ReplyDelete