Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year and first official day of SUMMER!

 I saw this cute idea (really just another excuse to throw a PARTY) to have a Summer Solstice Party on Tyler's cousin's blog. I made some fun invitations and we got a few friends together to enjoy a barbecue, bounce house (wow, that entertained 36 kids for hours!!), ping pong, bocce ball, tether ball, snow cones (VERY popular), homemade ice cream, a pinata, and an outdoor movie under the stars (what few we can see here in suburbia...we saw THREE falling stars - yes I made my wishes!). Here's the backyard before the crowd.
 Here's my five lovin' the bounce house before it got a little wild and crazy in there!!
It's always fun to hang out with a few of the great people surrounding me. 
Amanda and Ashley always make me smile, love them!!
I wish I would have taken a big group photo, ya the men always love those!

Snow cones were oh so popular...too much so for 36 kids and two little machines,
one which was half dead!  Hey, live and learn for next year!
Good times!!

4 comments:

  1. SOOOOOO FUN! GLad you had a good time! I love the new photo of the the triple water slide! Gotta LOVE Summer! I sure do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your friends are glad to know you. I know I would love to have a friend that did such great activities.It looks like it was a lot of fun.
    Love,GMA

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so fun! We're sad we missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun. You were only missing one thing (or should I say family)...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails