Saturday, June 5, 2010

The last week of school

I swear our May was just as busy as our December!! 
A few things I want to remember from the (crazy) last week of school.
The kids finally got to ride their bikes with Dad to school! 
They loved it and wish they could do it EVERYDAY!
Aubrey stared as the “Queen of Pronouns” in her school play, “The Pirates from Grammar Island”.  Last year’s Narnia White Witch Halloween costume made by Grandma Bonnie was perfect with it’s heavy, beautiful cloak.  It was a darling play, for sure the cutest and most educational school play I’ve ever seen. This is her with her servant, singing their duet.
As a tradition we like to take our kids out to a sit down restaurant to celebrate their hard work throughout the year and good grades on report cards.  Since this isn’t a regular occurrence, anywhere with a server seems to be a fancy night out!!  With a little “coaching” (since it’s my favorite AND I had a coupon), they decided on Cheesecake Factory.  The girls all decided to wear their matching skirts and the boys chose matching shirts.  They looked darling!  It’s a great night to get a little “fancy” and do some formal manners practicing as well as celebrate!!  After dinner the kids chose Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple cheesecake, again we were not disappointed!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for SUMMER! Congrats on all the hard work!!!!!! I love the "FANCY" diner pictures! SOOOO FUN!!! Love and miss you all already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tradition for getting through another school year successfully. Congratulations everyone! I'm sure proud of all of you. Don't have too much fun this summer. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those girl's skirts are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails