Monday, March 29, 2010

My girl's trip with my grandma, mom, and sister


It all seems now like a dream, a wonderful dream.  The waves rocking me into a deep sleep every night,
waking up to anything I could think of for breakfast while someone made my bed and changed my towels,
beautiful fruit and pastries available at all times, including my favorite gelato
line-dancing class, 
a day by the pool with a fantastic band or big-screen movie
relaxing at the beach,
the beautiful white, super-fine sand,
the women coming by selling hair braids, bracelets and other small trinkets,
the evenings full of amazing four-course meals where someone did else did all the planning, shopping, preparing, serving, and cleaning up,
after I was stuffed so full, almost waddling to either a show put on by the boat's entertainment or a movie under the stars with a blanket and someone bringing around hot popcorn and cookies,
and then back to our rooms where the blankets were folded down with chocolate waiting on the pillow headed for another night of deep sleep. 

It really was this "dreamy".  We had such a great time last week visiting the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Emerald Princess. Of course, this did require me flying across the country.  Remember I don't like to fly.  However, I did not grab the man's leg next to me, I did not throw up (during the horrific turbulence coming into Atlanta) like the woman a few rows back did.  I made it in one piece, tired from two red-eye flights, but in one piece
Between all the time on the beautiful ship, we visited the islands of Saint Martins, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. The first island had a clean, beautiful shopping area. We enjoyed lunch here and some shopping before taking our tour of the island. 
We stopped at a beautiful beach, Orient Bay. There was one end that was a nude beach and although we were on the end where people wore swim suits, we still had a few "stragglers" over to our side. Mainly those who had paid large sums of money for parts of their body.

The water was absolutely perfect! My sister had her hair done in 33 braids and quite the conversations with the Jamaican women.
   St. Martin was really clean and pretty.  We had a great day.

Back on the ship we enjoyed getting "all fancy" (as my kids would say) for the formal night.
 After another day at sea, relaxing on the ship, we stopped at St. Thomas.  This was my favorite port.  The island was so lush and green and how can you beat a view like this!
Down the main shopping area there were these darling little alleys with more shops.
The last spot on our tour was a gorgeous beach with the softest sand, Emerald Bay.  Check out this fun palm tree!
 We had another stop at Grand Turk and although it rained a little still had a wonderful time together.
Then back on the ship for our last day at sea headed for Florida.  We spent a lot of time here at one of the pools with a great, live band
 and here enjoying all the pastries and gelato!
It was a WONDERFUL trip, such great memories I will always treasure!  Many thanks to Tyler, Bonnie and Grandpa Jensen for making it all possible!

8 comments:

  1. Mom, I love the FUNny palm tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! How fun to go with your mom, grandma and sister.

    I LOVED the pic out of the airplane window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like SO much fun. How lucky to go with all the girls in your family! I think the hardest part is always coming back to "reality."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at your pictures made me feel like I just had a get-a-way for a few minutes. What a fun trip and well deserved.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really jealous of your girls trip. I told Cory I need to go on one sometime. You look gorgeous in your formal dress. Formal night is always so fun! That's great you went with the girls, and a Caribbean cruise sounds like the perfect trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet it does seem like a dream. Are you sure it really happened? Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that's so fun! glad to that you were able to go and thanks for sharing these awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing gift. Looks like you had a blast...YOU DESERVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails