Thursday, March 25, 2010

Andrew's 7th birthday

It was Andrew's year to have a party to celebrate the big #7!!!  After quite some deliberation and compromise we came up with a party that we all could be excited about, a swim party.  There is a brand new indoor pool close by and with the weather being a little unpredictable, it was a perfect spot. 
Keep in mind my mom has been here on her spring break for most of Andrew's birthdays so trying to "fill her cake-making shoes" puts a lot of pressure on me!!!  I ended up making this super simple cake with blueberry jello for the water. It was a hit!
After swimming, we came back to our house for pizza, ice cream and to open gifts.  The swimming must have really made them hungry, these ten boys went through four pizzas!  Andrew had a great time with his friends and got lots of gifts he was really excited about.


I made some pop-top cans filled with water and pool toys for party favors.  It was a fun time!!

I was on my cruise the day of his birthday, but Grandma Bonnie and Tyler made it a special day for him.  That night I left the dining room early and ran down to do a little "in-person" Skype call with him.  It was so fun to sing Happy Birthday and see his face!!  We love Andrew so much and are so grateful he is part of our family.  He is such a great brother to all his sisters and Matthew thinks the world of him already!! 

4 comments:

  1. You are such a good mom! What a fun party. I love the pop top cans—ever since I saw your original post on that I've been thinking I need to buy that can opener and try making one.

    So, to back-date a post is super easy—there's a box at the bottom of the screen, just to the left of the labels and directly above the Publish Post button, that says Post Options. Just click on that and it'll give you a place to edit the post date and time. I hope you're planning on back-dating your cruise posts! Hope it was a great trip.

    Now I want to know how you have made your cute banner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so super good! Thanks for all your help today. There is so much in life I couldn't do without you!

    My special friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? That indoor pool is open? Life goes on. It seems like Andrew just turned six, but great job on that cake. I can't wait to see photos from your cruise. Who did you go with? Cute collage at the top of your blog. You're so creative when it comes to photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails