This year we had a busy, but fun-filled Halloween. We started off with Andrew's early morning soccer game and a trip to our local pumpkin patch. I was worried it would be packed on Halloween day, but was pleasantly surprised it wasn't. I've been wanting to pack up the kids short sleeve stuff, but then we keep having these 80 degree days! It was beautiful!
After we had all unloaded out of the car, grabbed the purse, stoller, water bottle, sunglasses, etc. we noticed Megan also had grabbed her sunglasses. She wasn't concerned at all that one lens was missing, just happy to have shade on one eye!
Matthew was confused the entire time we were there calling the pumpkins "balls" and he was convinced the goats in the petting zoo were dogs. He kept calling out to them and then hugging them. It was the cutest thing. They are used to being MAULED so they just sat there while he would hold them and squeal "dog" over and over again!
We had a great day together and the best part about going on Halloween Day was that you could get ALL the pumpkins you could carry for a total of $10.00. So, of course we loaded Tyler up with big ones, small ones, and some indian corn for Thanksgiving decor.
After a quick stop for Slurpies and WinCo for a few last minute ingredients, we got home and hosted our culdesac Soup and Bread night. It was wonderful having all our neighbors over for dinner and visiting. I felt a little guilty leaving all the chatting in the backyard, but I was off to do three girl's hair-dos. Finally we were off trick-or-treating (as if we don't have enough chocolate around here?!?) with the Ice Princess from Narnia (a beautiful metallic silver and white brocade cape with a blue satin dress underneath, another amazing costume made by Tyler's Mom, seamstress extraordinaire), Indiana Jones, our China girl, Minnie Mouse, and little Lion. What a cute bunch!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Again, cute Halloween pics! I thought I would die laughting when I saw that picture of Megan in her sunglasses. What a kick! They make me laugh and I love them all dearly. Give them all a big hug for me. Love you all, Bonnie
ReplyDeleteCute pictures. Matthew made my day on Sunday. I love that boy.
ReplyDeleteFor Megan, missing tooth ~ missing lens. Love it.
ReplyDeleteThe reason Matthew calls every animal a dog is that you have only taught him one animal name and one sound. When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Just kidding!
cute! cute! cute! What fun for you all. It is do fun being able to see and share your days with you. We love you all and think you all looked great. Love GMA
ReplyDelete