This year was a wonderful day at church and home worshiping together. I love traditions and how they bind us together. Our tradition is the kids come downstairs to find their baskets with some treats and a small gift.Aubrey got a make-up brush, Andrew a new shirt, Katelyn a pad of paper she had been eyeing, Megan a mega mini-loaf pan, and Matthew a water-balloon toy and a shirt.
Then they go on their egg hunt. This year our Easter Bunny hid them all outside in the backyard.
After enjoying their "spoils" we all had a delicious egg frittada that Tyler had made us for breakfast.
Church was wonderful. We had great speakers and beautiful music. Aubrey and I sang in the choir and performed one of my personal favorites, "When He Comes Again".
I love these words:
I wonder, when he comes again,
Will herald angels sing?
Will earth be white with drifted snow,
Or will the world know spring?
I wonder if one star will shine
Far brighter than the rest;
Will daylight stay the whole night through?
Will songbirds leave their nests?
I'm sure he'll call his little ones
Together 'round his knee,
Because he said in days gone by,
"Suffer them to come to me."
I wonder, when he comes again,
Will I be ready there
To look upon his loving face
And join with him in prayer?
Each day I'll try to do his will
And let my light so shine
That others seeing me may seek
For greater light divine.
Then, when that blessed day is here,
He'll love me and he'll say,
"You've served me well, my little
child;
Come unto my arms to stay."
After church we took our traditional pictures.
![]() |
| If you're wondering why all the "girl" pictures????? It's because the boys are inside already out of their church clothes, looking for lunch at this point!! |
We had a delicious tri-tip dinner and our favorite scrumptious apple pie (Pioneer Woman's recipe)and spent the rest of the evening on the couch together watching Mormon messages and Easter videos.
It was wonderful!!! I am so grateful for Jesus Christ for His life, death and resurrection. Through him I can be strengthened and with my family forever.














Happy Easter everyone! Love to hear what you got for Easter. And love to see your new outfits.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter everyone! Love to hear what you got for Easter. And love to see your new outfits.
ReplyDelete