We had a fantastic day sledding with our friends, the Cahoons at a great hill in Truckee.
We missed Tyler who was home not feeling well.
It's interesting that in Idaho or Utah we only have to drive two minutes and there is a school or park available at no charge. However, in Northern California people drive "to the snow" and pay to sled!! It always seemed a little funny to me and maybe that's why we've always left our snow clothes in Utah. But this year we brought them home with us. Well except boots...we don't own any boots. But as my kids said, we put the white trash into sledding! The Winco bags seemed to help keep things dry, at least for a few minutes.
Aubrey and her BFF, Aly had a great time and of course posed for lots of photos!
This is my very favorite photo of the day! These faces show the pure JOY that summed up our day!
I love what good friends Andrew and Heather are.
They had a blast wrestling, racing,and throwing snowballs at each other!
Love these kidos!
These guys built quite an impressive snowman together!
Who knew that Matthew could sit on the snow man's shoulders????
Never a good idea to throw a snowball that size at an FBI officer:)
Never a good idea to throw a snowball that size at an FBI officer:)
I took a lot of photos and enjoyed every moment.
I also took a few rides with Matthew.
I started in the middle of the hill and obviously it was still too steep for me.
We may need to get Katelyn on a snowboard. She rocked this!
Alicia is always a hoot to be with! I'm so grateful for our friendship.
Matthew had a lot of snow in his shoes and we tried to get it out before the tears came.
He was a trooper, but his toes were in his words, "fainting".
I think that means numb, frozen, and hurting.
Cute Aly!!!
Matthew had a lot of snow in his shoes and we tried to get it out before the tears came.
He was a trooper, but his toes were in his words, "fainting".
I think that means numb, frozen, and hurting.
Cute Aly!!!
Afterwards we had pizza at the local Round Table,
that had a fireplace which helped to warm some cold toes. It was a wonderful day!!




















Looks like fun! It's so nice to have such great friends. Love to all!
ReplyDelete