Our sweet friends offered (well insisted, after being begged by our children and theirs) to watch our kids while we took off for a quick overnight anniversary trip. We had watched their girls last month for a few nights and so it worked out great!
I love an adventure and hiking someplace new so I was thrilled when Tyler was up for it too.
We took off Friday night after work to Coulterville to this cute bed and
breakfast. The owner was quite the character, I think he could have
talked to us all night.
Saturday morning we got up early, got some breakfast (Tyler made us some yummy scrambled eggs) and we were on our way. Yosemite's entrance was about thirty miles from where we were staying.
I love mornings and there is nothing like the morning light hitting the mountains as you begin an adventure. It always fills me with such excitement and gratitude.
We caught the tour bus from the Valley Floor to Glacier Point and not only was it a ride UP, but it was informative, interesting, and beautiful!
At the top we went to the point to take in the amazing view.
This overhang rock I have seen pictures of (crazy, brave) people out on that ledge. It is 7,200 feet up!
In the middle of the picture where the rock in darker is normally (on non drought years and earlier in the spring/summer months) where Yosemite falls drops 2,425 feet.
The view was even more spectacular than I had imagined!
Half Dome over my shoulder.
Tyler is still trying to talk me into the hike that requires cables to get to the top of that!
We shall see...
Don't worry Mom it just looks like we are that close to the edge:)
After some time here we began our hike on the Panorama Trail.
Every way we looked was gorgeous!
![]() |
| You can see Illouette and Nevada falls off in the distance. |
Above every falls there was a nice riverbed area like this where people would take off their shoes and cool off. Some crazy people would swim. The water was cold and I'm pretty risk averse so I wasn't interested in swimming, but honestly soaking my toes in this COLD water felt SO good!!
The top of Nevada Falls...what a view!
From here our hike (we took the harder, but more scenic Mist trail) got quite steep and completely downhill. Some areas there were rock stairs and some areas there were only rocks.
Here is a view looking up:
and a view looking down.
It was worth it though for this gorgeous view as we hiked on top of,
next to and then below Nevada Falls.
Above Vernal falls I put my feet in again to soak. It was perfect!
Here is the beautiful Vernal Falls, it was surprisingly loud as the water crashed into the rocks.
Gorgeous views with my favorite person to be with made it a perfect day!!
I love this:
"National parks have the profound power to make us feel simultaneously mighty and minuscule. We hike the highest peaks, traverse expansive landscapes, and push ourselves to overcome the obstacle before us. In our search for conquest, we end up finding something entirely different. We find something far grander than ourselves." -Yosemite NPS
























No comments:
Post a Comment