Monday, February 9, 2015

A weekend in Dallas

Having airline miles ALWAYS has advantages
 and this weekend was one of those times I really appreciated them. 
 I got to go to Dallas and visit my brother, Nathan's cute family for no reason at all!!
Nathan picked me up from the airport (which I was actually afraid to leave because it was 30 degrees and freezing outside!!) and we went to lunch.
I don't remember the last time I sat at lunch with my brother, alone, uninterrupted, and in no hurry.
It was wonderful!
We then went to see his family.  Alyssa had been sick that morning (big bummer) and the kids were just getting up from naps and home from school.  They have Bentley (6), Paxton (2) and Sawyer (5 months). I loved getting to meet Sawyer, he is such a love!  Soon after, we loaded up and went to meet a realtor at a home they've been looking at.  It was beautiful and although they probably won't end up in that home, they sure build nice ones in Texas.  I love all the bricks!
Afterward, we came home and had a delicious Pad Thai noodle dinner, got kids to bed and enjoyed chatting over amazing (probably a good thing they only have in Texas) Blue Bell ice cream.  Nathan said they have several different kinds, but chocolate was my favorite!
The next day, I slept in and didn't set an alarm, a big vacation treat for me!  
I took a few shots of Nathan reading to Paxton before his nap.  Paxton LOVES seeing the Lions from his current favorite movie, "Lion King" and I LOVED seeing Nathan as such a cute Dad!!
 Which of course then turned into a TICKLE session!!!!
Then I enjoyed another treat, time alone and a pedicure with Alyssa.  
It seems like there are always kids and lots of people and activities going on, the few times we've been together so it was wonderful to have some meaningful conversation and time with her.  
She is a great mother, wife, sister, and friend. 
That evening we went to dinner in Fort Worth at a very famous and popular Mexican restaurant, "Joe T. Garcia's".  It has a long history and tradition of delicious food and it's reputation did not disappoint.  Although they have no menu and only serve fajitas or enchaladas in the evening, they were the best fajitas I've ever eaten!  Afterward, we walked around Fort Worth's stock show and fair.  It was nearing the end of the exhibits, but the kids had a fun time seeing the animals and riding a few rides.
And don't let this cute face charm you, this poor guy cried most of the night. 
 He isn't fond of his car seat and has had a few fussy, colicky months. 
 Oh my, good thing he is so darling!!!
 It was a fun night together (and yes, I needed that warm down-filled coat).
We spent the evening at home with more ice cream and more visiting.  
My favorite thing to do with family for sure!!!
The next morning I woke up way early sick to my stomach and spent most of the day by the toilet or in bed.  It was a bummer.  However, I couldn't think of a better place (if I wasn't home of course) to be sick.  Nathan and Alyssa took great care of me.  
As a total blessing, I felt good for about 90 minutes and was able to take their family photos. 
 Alyssa had been working so hard putting together the cutest outfits and finding a location. 
 Here are a few favorites.
 
 The next morning I said good-bye to their chickens and
 these cute kids!
Boy do I love this sweet family! 
 I am so grateful for the fun memories we made this weekend and the time together. 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful you could go visit Nathan and his cute family. So sorry you got sick, though. It's fun to see Nathan as a daddy, can't believe he all ready has three! Cute, cute family. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures and details about your trip. So glad you could get together and have such a fun time together. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails