Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Andrew's playing Competitive Soccer



Written by Andrew:
Today was my first soccer tournament and I had a blast. 
I got up at about 6:30 because I was so excited. I then got on my uniform, ate some cereal and watched some TV. When my parents got back from exercising we loaded up the car and left. Once we got there (in Auburn) I warmed up with my teammates checked in and watched an other game. Once that game was over, our coach gave us a pep talk and our first games started and I was a starter. I played defender and didn’t get a lot of action but occasionally I would get the ball. 
We ended up winning by two-one. It was a great game. We than packed up, went home, and ate lunch. Our second game we ended up tying two-two. I was again a starter and played the whole game. At the end I was really tired.
 As I was walking off the field the field my dad came and congratulated me and told me good job as he was talking my coach came over and started talking to my dad. He gave me a great compliment and called me his "piece of clay". He told my dad that every year he chooses a "piece of clay" and  last year "his clay" turned out to be a fantastic player at the end of the year and ended up making the "A" team this year. He said I have a lot of talent and am a really hard worker.  At the end of the day I was very happy with my performance and had a great time. 
I can’t wait till our next tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails