I've been wanting to for quite a few years host a Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
for my children's teachers.
All of them. Church, school, piano, dance, etc.
I decided that even though this has been a particular busy few weeks for me personally, this luncheon was something worth making happen. But I would start small with just their school teachers this year.
We delivered simple invites the last day of school, knowing that some of our teachers wouldn't be able to make it, with the business of summer schedules.
We were excited that both Megan's and Andrew's teachers (who we love!) could come and anxious to serve them in a small way and repay them for all they had done this year. The kids were amazing helpers and we prepared (our family's first) a gluten free, yummy lunch.
We also talked about before hand and prepared some questions they wanted to ask the teachers.
These included: When did you decide you wanted to be a teacher and why?
What is your favorite subject to teach?
What do you like best about being a teacher?
(We had a few others, but we chatted the entire time about these.)
Then Megan and Andrew shared what they loved best about their teachers.
It was delightful.
There weren't "pinterest worthy" decorations or invites.
We had cute gifts and a nice table setting, but really it was just a sweet way to show these teachers how much we appreciate them! We will definitely be making it a tradition!
We ADORE these teachers!!




Wow --- Lucky teachers,as until you are a teacher you can only imagine how much appreciation means to a teacher. It is an intense,mind-time-emotionally "consuming " career. But as I always said about the career itself, "There is nothing like a good day of teaching school." Loved those teenagers!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize how much of your blog I had missed. Instead of responding to everything I have missed......let me just say GREAT JOB! I love to read your posts but most of all see these beautiful children grow up. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Love to all!
ReplyDelete