Wednesday, June 11, 2014

#39feelsgood

It was one of my instagram hashtags for my birthday.  
Along with #solovemyfamily, #goodfriendsmakelifesweet, and #soblessed which pretty much sum up my day, (besides the laundry folding, baby grand piano being delivered again, running kids to soccer practice and a play date, trip to Walmart and Sports Authority).
Tyler and the kids always make birthdays the BEST day ever!
My girls and Tyler made me an awesome breakfast, a fruit salad, a bagel with cream cheese, fresh tomato slice, and cheddar cheese broiled to perfection.  Also, since our freezer and ice maker hasn't worked since March and just got fixed yesterday, having ice cubes in my orange juice was a huge treat!! I received many texts, phone calls, and treats delivered (including a friend who brought balloons, milk duds, and a dance party on my front porch).  Tyler and I went to lunch and the kids decorated a darling table full of presents.  

Tyler made me one of my favorite dinners, Lemon Broccoli Bowtie Pasta and my friend, Mara made this amazing cake.  Seriously the title alone scares me for the amount of time this baby must take.  It is a chocolate cake with a salted caramel Italian meringue butter cream with chocolate fudge frosting.
WOW, was it amazing!  
(Tyler always makes me a cake, but it had been so hot we were trying to not use our oven and so I had decided that a sherbert, 7-up slush sounded so good.  After this cake, he isn't sure how he will ever compete!)
We opened gifts and I'm always amazed at the thoughtfulness and efforts my children go to!
Katelyn had made this sweet card, with a beautiful sentiment.
Matthew had made me a card and hidden a quarter in a bottle camp, he was quite pleased with himself since he had earned the quarter earlier in the day while at a friend's house having a lemonade stand.  I love his face, he is so proud and excited!
Katelyn and Megan had made perler beads with my full name and "M-O-M".
In addition, Megan had made a cute jar and gotten everyone to add reasons to
39 Reasons Why Our Mom is Awesome.
I was so touched, I cried. How blessed I am to have such a loving and thoughtful family.

 I LOVE my family and am so grateful for the love they show me.  Tyler, Aubrey, and Andrew had gone to Charming Charlie and picked out a necklace that I had liked a few months ago and some fantastic REI hiking pants.
I sure LOVE this family of mine!!!
After the kids were in bed Tyler and I went to see the movie, The Fault in our Stars.  
It was a GREAT birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails