I'm sure that Tyler's birthday was a bigger deal to the kids than to him!
In fact, Matthew the next week told his teacher that his dad had just had a birthday and he was absolutely positive he turned 14!
We tried to make all his favorites that day, beginning with french toast for breakfast
(with a 40 reasons why we love him sign in the background, that I'm so sad I didn't photograph).
I picked him for work for a mid-day date for us, lunch and a massage :)
He wanted lasagna for dinner this year, and as always, german chocolate cake.
These kids sure love their dad!
Matthew had been preparing for quite a while for Tyler's celebration with a serious PILE of pictures he had drawn and legos he had made for them to play with.
And, last but not least Katelyn and Megan made an impressive perler bead, spelling "Tyler".
What a lucky Dad!!
Even though I offered to throw a big party (complete with black balloons of course), we celebrated with friends at dinner that weekend, just what Tyler wanted. I loved that some of them brought him Raisin Bran cereal and a magnifying glass :)
Boy do we love this man! He is a wonderful husband, father, and friend!!
Boy do we love this man! He is a wonderful husband, father, and friend!!









Yeh. he's lucky to have you too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tyler! You're someone special in my book too! Love to all!
ReplyDeleteAGREED!!!! Tyler you are quite the AMAZING father and husband! Love ya! :)
ReplyDelete