Sunday, November 24, 2013

When they have grown a foot or two

One of the children's songs in our church begins with the words,
 "I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two".
In 2007, when Andrew was four years old I took these pictures of him in Tyler's suit.
I LOVE those eyes, that smile and how the jacket hits the floor.

And today I did Matthew's photos at age five.
He loved being the "star"!



  I took these while he was waiting for Tyler to grab his own missionary tag from upstairs.
(Tyler served a mission in Budapest, Hungary when he was 19 years old).
Matthew sat on his floor casually, flipping through his Book of Mormon.
When I asked him what he was reading, he replied, "a whole lot of t's.  Mom, there's a whole lot of t's".
 I can't remember what he was laughing at, but something was really funny, 
as in "throw your head back in laughter, funny!"
(I can't look at this photo without laughing out loud!)
Love the HUGE shoes in these too!
What a cute boy, who brings me SO much happiness.
I love these two sons of mine and really do hope they both serve missions.  
Sacrificing two years of their lives serving God and others will only be a blessing to them.  
I plan to put these pictures in their room as a reminder to them of the goal to serve full time missions.  
In the meantime, I plan to enjoy them and hope that the "growing a foot or two" goes by slowly for me.

3 comments:

  1. I did this with my two little brothers when I was in high school and they were about 8 and 6 years old. I forgot I did it until just looking at these photos. I should do it with my two little boys (wish you were here to be the photographer...), especially because of the experience I had regarding them and missionary work before they were ever born (or conceived!) I must tell you about it sometime. I'm kind of too late to do the photos with Luke...not sure he'd co-operate quite so willingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the handsome missionaries! I absolutely love the pic of Matthew laughing. I would love to have known what was so funny. My scriptures certainly aren't funny! Yep, those days will be here before you know it. Enjoy them now!!!!! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! My son is 16 and probably bigger (not taller yet) than his dad when he went on a mission. I couldn't pull that off :) Love the big shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails