Friday, October 12, 2012

Aubrey's 12!!!

Somehow my "baby girl" turned 12. 
 I don't know how, because it seems like yesterday I was snuggling her in the 
hospital, watching her every breath.  Her labor and delivery were the average "first time mom" 12 hours.  I went to the hospital at 2 a.m. and she was born at 2:01 p.m.  The last two hours I pushed and pushed until finally my Dr. decided to use the vacuum on her little head.  As Tyler saw that little "cone-head" coming out he said, "I think that's red hair".  The Dr. argued that it was just blood.  But indeed our first beautiful, red head was born.  I found out that she was a girl (love to be surprised) from Tyler's own voice, in tears he exclaimed, "Sweetie, it's a girl".  I will never forget that tender, sacred moment when my world changed.  I was amazed how quickly she won my heart and how much love I felt for her immediately.  It was only then that I realized how much my own mother loves me. 

Aubrey has been a blessing to us her entire life.  
Really, a blessing. 
 She is kind, funny, obedient, helpful, humble, crazy, smart, fun, and one of my best friends.  
She is loving.  
She is happy.  
She sings or hums constantly.  
She loves kids and her babysitting skills are in high demand.  
She is a joy to all who know her.

We had her birthday breakfast complete with gifts before school.
 And of course gifts around here always include perler beads from the twins. 
Here is the cute high heel Megan lovingly made.
The young women (age 12-18) in our ward welcomed her and decorated our door as she is now called a "beehive".  It was darling!
In our church, when you are 12 you get to go inside one part of our temple. Since the beginning of the year, our ward's youth trip just happened to be scheduled the night of her birthday.  This made her birthday extra special and we were so excited!  Tyler took off work a little early, we got a babysitter for the other kids and the three of us went to take Aubrey for the first time to the temple.  We went early so we could enjoy some private time before the rest of the youth arrived.  I was overwhelmed with emotion as we arrived at the front desk and I put my arm around this beautiful daughter of mine, but really daughter of God's.  I tearfully said, "this is Aubrey and she is here for the first time today."  Someday I will take my Aubrey to the temple and tearfully introduce her again, "this is Aubrey and she is here to get married today".  How grateful I am for the blessings of the temple and that my Aubrey has them in her life.
 I want to remember this day forever!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails