Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ukulele Club Final Hooray!

Andrew has been so fortunate to be a part of his school's Ukulele Club.  
This group has met every Friday and enjoyed an hour of learning and playing together.  
One of the mothers and a teacher have led the group and done a fantastic job of sharing their contagious LOVE of ukuleles and music!  
They performed at the school assembly this week.  They played "Hey, Soul Sister".
  I love that they sing while they play!  Most of them are first year players and all of them did a great job, especially in front of over 300 fellow classmates.
After school we had a little family party where they played everything in their play book that they worked on this year.  It was awesome!  Four of Andrew's fingers have large blisters because it was his goal to play without a pick by the end of the year.  I was so proud of him because he practiced a lot before these concerts, even through the blisters!  
Here he is with Mrs. McGowan who LOVES the ukulele and although retiring this year will be coming back for some Ukulele Club fun next year!
We are so grateful Andrew had this opportunity this year to have fun,
 enjoy music, and develop a talent!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Andrew! I was so disappointed when your recital was postponed last month. I would love to have seen you perform. Keep practicing so you won't loose that talent. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew I am so proud of you that you keep practicing. What fun to play at school. Keep up the good work. Love you Gma Jenaen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, wow! What a tough kid to practice right through those blisters! You are too cool with that Ukulele! What an awesome experience. Love seeing what your kiddos are up to!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails