Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer's first cooking project = huge hit!!

I haven't posted our summer fun list yet, but we are in "full swing" enjoying our summer already.
  The sun is finally out and we've had friends over, played at the park, enjoyed scout camp, swim practice, cooking, crafting, and it's only day two...whew!
Hope I can keep up steam come mid-July...  Anyway,
today we made homemade donuts (no grease involved) and I'm in love with my new kitchen toy!
This darling babycakes donut maker was so much fun!!

Today was our first day making them so we started with a basic recipe topped with powdered sugar and chocolate glaze with chopped pecans.   Really the photos don't do them justice.
For a mid-afternoon (or mid-morning or mid-evening) snack, they were yummy!
You can imagine how popular I was today!?!?
We've got several more recipes and glazes to try...we'll keep you posted with our favorites!

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY! They look fantastic! You have all ready worn me out and we are only a few days into the summer. What other fun things have you planned on doing? Love to all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails