Tyler was going to be in Bulgaria for Father's Day this year so we surprised him and had it a few nights before. The kids surprised him when he got home with a skit. They acted out him getting a massage and then we sent him off to his appointment to enjoy a deep tissue massage. I think it's been at least five years since he's gotten one and he loved it! We made a few of his favorite things for dinner, including banana cream pie.
Tyler is a awesome dad and I couldn't feel more blessed to have him as the leader in our home.
My sister (and one of my favorite people EVER) came to visit at this time too, her timing was perfect as Tyler had a nine day work trip to Bulgaria and Turkey. We had SO much fun. We laughed (a lot) and cried (some) and enjoyed projects, shopping, and nice down time too. She is a huge helper, always jumping in to do whatever, which was especially nice because it happened to be my two busiest weeks of the summer with kid's activities.
Saturday was a swim meet in Dixon. It was fun having Aunt Kristin to see what a full day of family fun is at the meets.
We had some great swims, no personal bests, but still good races from Aubrey and Andrew.
There's always games, usually board games, today is was Ninja.
We love Aubrey's cute school and swim friend, Maddie.
Kristin was here for Summer Solstice and Katelyn and Megan's birthday (roller skating was just like old times!!). It was wonderful having her here.
She took me to breakfast for my birthday which was a special (kid-free thanks Amanda!!) treat. I love spending time with Kristin and having her in my life is one of my choicest blessings.
Saturday was a swim meet in Dixon. It was fun having Aunt Kristin to see what a full day of family fun is at the meets.
We had some great swims, no personal bests, but still good races from Aubrey and Andrew.
There's always games, usually board games, today is was Ninja.
We love Aubrey's cute school and swim friend, Maddie.
Kristin was here for Summer Solstice and Katelyn and Megan's birthday (roller skating was just like old times!!). It was wonderful having her here.
She took me to breakfast for my birthday which was a special (kid-free thanks Amanda!!) treat. I love spending time with Kristin and having her in my life is one of my choicest blessings.









WHAT A FUN TRIP!!!!!! I love you soooo much too! YOU are in my "inner circle" and for that I THANK YOU!!!!!!!! YOU Are such an inspiration to me and I LOVE and appreciate you so much! THANKS for a great time! I missed my calling in life to roller skate professionally...glad u got a picture of us in action! LOVE YA TONS SIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Miss you already!
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky to have a great sister like Kristen. She is such a beautiful person, inside and out. I'm always so glad when she has the opportunity to visit you and spend time with you. Looks like you had a great time. Many thanks to Kristen for protecting you while Tyler was away on business. Love to all!
ReplyDeleteTHANKS BONNIE!!!!! I was happy to "protect!" I had a GREAT time! :)
ReplyDeleteYou ARE lucky to have such a great sister. It's fun to see the pictures and makes me want to go to a collage stake dance again with you guys.
ReplyDelete