Today is May 1st, and after a VERY busy April, whew... I am taking a deep breather I made it through! It just so happened that a Power of Moms board meeting and retreat in Park City, Utah and LDS Women's Conference in Provo, Utah were held two weeks apart with our family vacation for the year (trip to the Oregon coast) being sandwiched right in the middle! So it's been a fun, crazy, inspiring, exhausting, beautiful, overwhelming, motivating, spiritual, and wonderful few weeks.
However, today I have the renewed energy and motivation that I normally find much more prevalent in my mind, heart, and body on January 1st. I had a fantastic time at the Power Of Moms, being uplifted to think bigger. I had a wonderful time on our Oregon trip, spending time with Tyler and the kids, enjoying the moments, and making many fun memories. And finally, my trip to Women's Conference was exactly what I needed. It seemed there were so many messages written just for me, addressing my current concerns and desires. I was reminded of what I already know to be true. Our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ know me. They love me. We are not alone.
I get it. I get how a blog (including this blog and others) looks. It may appear like there aren't problems, concerns, worries, challenges, fears, or struggles. But I am just like you and every other women and mother struggling every day to do the best job I can. Sure my house gets dirty, my children whine, my laundry sometimes overwhelms me, and I am impatient. I have things that I cry about. I have things that weigh heavily on my heart. This blog just isn't outlet for those things. I do want to record this in my family's history (because remember that is the purpose of this blog) and for any reader...the "getting real" is not going to be solved (remember, my how brain works solve don't complain) on a public blog, but in our hearts with our God and our Savior. In quiet moments. If you need me that's where you'll find me.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOVE THIS!!!!! YOU are such AN AMAZING PERSON, MOM, FRIEND, SISTER!!!!! I love you! Thanks for being an inspiraion to all ho know you! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, so sorry I missed you as well! I assumed you wouldn't be coming to Women's Conference since you were just here for the Power of Moms... Next year, we will have to have lunch!
ReplyDeleteI knew you were coming again for womens' conference, but didn't realize it was so soon. Glad you had the opportunity to attend. We would love to have seen you but understand how busy you must have been. Hope you had some time with Kristen and Joyce. Love to all!
ReplyDelete