Last night I hosted a fun Favorites Party with some girl friends.
It was a fabulous night of yummy food, great conversations, and FUN "favorites" shared!!
It was especially fun for me to get friends together from church, school, photography, high school, and be with some of MY favorite people!!
I made and shared some of my favorite desserts, chocolate covered raisins, popcorn, toasted coconut marshmallows, turtles (have a story and we call them Myrtles), and eclair squares. These are always a hit, you can find the recipe here. Also "good water" from this site, is always so refreshing.
Then we got the "favorites" part of the night going. Everyone had brought three of their favorite items (not exceeding a total of $15). We had quite the pile of fun stuff!!
Each person had a chance to tell a little about it, where they got it, why they love it, etc. and then draw someone's name. It was great fun - you give away three things and go away with three different favorites of someone else's! Plus you got to learn about a lot of great stuff!
I brought my favorite vegetable peeler from Williams Sonoma ,Sexy Hair travel kit, and the book I think EVERYONE should read, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. In addition, a few "door prizes" including the greatest lip gloss from the Dollar Tree, Oroweat Dill Rye bread, Pomegranate fruit strips from Target, and Walmart's thin mints which rock!
Here's the list of everyone else's favorites:
Cover Girl mascara
Mint M&M's
Lindt Peanut Butter truffles
Maybelline mascara -volume XPRO
OPI nail polish - You all come back here now (color)
Dr. Scholl's foot cream
Orange Kiss cookies from ourbestbites.com
More OPI nail polish (green, orange, and coral)
Lindt Hazelnut truffles
Book: "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett
Avacado salsa recipe
Trader Joes Dark Chocolate, Carmel wedges
OPI nail polish - Berry Darling (color)
Handmade, wristlet key-chain
Ped-egg
Aveeno Natural Oatmeal lotion
Game: Left, Center, Right
Ribbon candy
Bubble wrap
Journal
Italian dressing made with Balsamic vinegar
Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate covered Powerberries
Marabelle gift card in a mason jar
flip-flops
Starbucks gift card
Bath and Body Works mint lip gloss
Divinetwine.com twine and packaging tape
Wilton bags and tips (favorite #789)
Crate and Barrell gravy boats
Ice nail polish - Pure Ice Spit Fire (color)
3-2-1 Quick Dry
Insulated cup
Clear zinc and sun hat
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion
Finish dishwasher tabs
Collapsible basket
NYC quick dry nail polish
Bath and Body hand soap
Icing on the Cupcake gift card
Book: "Heroes for my Son"
Popcorn Indiana kettle corn
Good Grips spatula
Anthropologie bowl
Apple corer and slicer
Swifter dusters
Mini measuring cup
Skinny Cow Mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches
Bath and Body Works - Summer Citrus
Book: "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" by Beth Hoffman
Ben and Jerry's Triple Caramel Chunk ice cream
Berkey water filter
itunes gift card
OPI nail polish - You all come back here now (color)
Dr. Scholl's foot cream
Orange Kiss cookies from ourbestbites.com
More OPI nail polish (green, orange, and coral)
Lindt Hazelnut truffles
Book: "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett
Avacado salsa recipe
Trader Joes Dark Chocolate, Carmel wedges
OPI nail polish - Berry Darling (color)
Handmade, wristlet key-chain
Ped-egg
Aveeno Natural Oatmeal lotion
Game: Left, Center, Right
Ribbon candy
Bubble wrap
Journal
Italian dressing made with Balsamic vinegar
Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate covered Powerberries
Marabelle gift card in a mason jar
flip-flops
Starbucks gift card
Bath and Body Works mint lip gloss
Divinetwine.com twine and packaging tape
Wilton bags and tips (favorite #789)
Crate and Barrell gravy boats
Ice nail polish - Pure Ice Spit Fire (color)
3-2-1 Quick Dry
Insulated cup
Clear zinc and sun hat
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion
Finish dishwasher tabs
Collapsible basket
NYC quick dry nail polish
Bath and Body hand soap
Icing on the Cupcake gift card
Book: "Heroes for my Son"
Popcorn Indiana kettle corn
Good Grips spatula
Anthropologie bowl
Apple corer and slicer
Swifter dusters
Mini measuring cup
Skinny Cow Mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches
Bath and Body Works - Summer Citrus
Book: "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" by Beth Hoffman
Ben and Jerry's Triple Caramel Chunk ice cream
Berkey water filter
itunes gift card
It was a fun night with great friends!!
Last, but not least, although she missed the "favorite's part" of the night, it was really fun to have my new friend, Charity (met her at Power of Mom's retreat, her oldest sister is one of the co-founders) come to stay the night with us. She was here to go through the temple with a girl friend in the morning and we were so glad to spend some time with such a delightful friend.






What a fun idea. I may have to "borrow" it!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with this idea! You are amazing, what can I say?
ReplyDeleteThanks for an awesome night--yummy food, fun girls, and coming home with new favorites. What could be better? I felt spoiled and inspired all at once--you are so good at doing that :)
ReplyDeleterachelle! first of all, you are so quick at blogging. remember how i told you how amazed i am with your record keeping skills? well, i am. a lot. anyway. secondly, thanks for the shoutout. i had such a fun time with you guys, and you were such amazingly gracious and kind hosts. thank you seems like not enough at all! i will come again soon when we can hang out longer :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Thanks for setting it up! And the yummy treats! Loved them! And LOVE the vegetable peeler too btw. Used it last night!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea! I think I am going to borrow it. Love it. All of my best ideas come from you! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun night! Thanks for doing that! I've already bought a bunch of stuff on the list!!
ReplyDeleteOh and I can't wait to make those orange kiss cookies!!
ReplyDeleteLove this idea and can't wait to steal it and do it myself. I think it would be a perfect thing to plan for after I take Tessa to BYU and I am an empty nester - something to look forward to!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun party! I've been thinking what some of my favorites would be........1-scrubbing bubble shower machine,2-small power blender (holds about 1 1/2 cups)very nice for individual drinks,3-cricket machine (which I have almost worn out), but most important, my all time most favorite is time spent with grandkids. Unfortunately, you can't buy family. But I am willing to share! Love to all!
ReplyDelete